I think my melter sucks!

QTsmum

One thing I did find between the ones at Walmart vs Scentsy on the large size, is (at least some) the bulb is closer to the melting plate than Scentsy. I found they were burning the scent off faster, taking hours off the longevity. I have two large Scentsy warmers I use now only and am really happy with them. The square tray ones do not melt all the way into the corner on 1-2 sides (as mentioned) but the round ones have melted all the combos I've worked with so far...and it has been a LOT, including straight container palm.

I also have the type where the bowl sits on a warmer plate gifted from a generous member. :) That warmer does get really hot to where the melts last only 6-8 hours or so. I now use it to melt my candle jars down and it works perfect for that. It is a Candlewarmer brand http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=589

Thanks for the info!! I think I'll avoid those combo ones then. I don't want to encourage people to buy one that will not result in the best my melts can be! I'll get the plain plates for the jars and non square melters.

I bought a glade version melter today from Walmart, it looks like the combo warmer and it's also getting really good longevity from my melts!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I am confused now.. I am just starting to venture into the melt department..

What do you guys mean when you say combo warmers?

So QTsmum, which one have you found to work best?

I bought this one from walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Botanical-Glow-Full-Size-Warmer/22984435

Is this a good one or bad one? I have tried some 4794 wax and so far a couple of my scents have fizzed out after only a few hours.

I've just been testing with some wall plug in warmers from Michaels that are 15w-, maybe I should be testing with higher watt melters? I just like these so much because they don't take up space on a counter, and the melts last 2-3 days usually.... (depending on the scent and wax combo)

I've just been testing with some wall plug in warmers from Michaels that are 15w-, maybe I should be testing with higher watt melters? I just like these so much because they don't take up space on a counter, and the melts last 2-3 days usually.... (depending on the scent and wax combo)

Thats the thing, if you are selling these melts, you don't know what your customers are using. They could be using 15w or the others with 25w. Your 15w may keep the scent longer.

Thats the thing, if you are selling these melts, you don't know what your customers are using. They could be using 15w or the others with 25w. Your 15w may keep the scent longer.

Exactly. I've been handing out samples/testers left right and center to people willing to give me feedback. I can't possibly afford to buy and test in every melter available, but I sure can spare a few cubes for people to do it for me. A chunk of them don't get back to me, but I do have a lot of ladies who DO and I really appreciate it!

It's funny because I've had a lady get longer on the initial melt that started this thread on a TEA LIGHT BURNER (you know how hot them things burn at!) than I did with my candle warmers one!! :S So I wonder how stinkin' hot that thing was actually getting??!! Yikes!

I was thinking of printing off little index cards to put in bags telling people that scent time varies depending on melter. I can get a full week out of small plug in warmers when I'd get 12 hrs from the same melt in a full size! But of course the throw isn't as wide spread....

Ohhhh, the variables!

and everyone's home is different too- air flow makes a difference. I gave my MIL several melts last christmas, and also a plug in wax melter like I use at home. I purposely gave her ones that were very strong for me in my home, and last a long time, and only 1 out of the 5 were strong for her in her house. She's always complained of having trouble with getting a nice strong scent in her home, whether from a candle, air freshener, melt, but I think the air flow in her house plays a big factor- she's been blaming the product...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For soy melts and parasoy melts I have never had a problem with Candlewarmers hot plate or bulb ones- they have never been too hot to pick up after a 10 hour shift at the office and my melts go all day long....weird

The bulb ones do last longer ht wise but never get hot enough for me to have really strong throw and my nose needs strong to smell it....but maybe I need to switch back because a lot of customers come in and their eyes start to water! Lol

My nose must be real damaged- but back to the subject...I wonder why my combo hot plate ones have never been too hot....I have tested pretty much all types also except the one pictured with the handle- I have just the dish on a hot plate and the square ones I won't use anymore- wax hangs up in the corners