Pls help- spilled fo

pixie

What a disaster!! My soaping room is our spare bedroom, which is carpeted. I spilled 16oz of FO, which all soaked into the carpeting.

OMG the smell is giving me such a headache. Of course I opened the windows and put a fan on. Im trying to clean it up but am at a loss.

Im soaking up what i can with towels...anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

pixie

Wow, I'd be freakin' out too, Hate that happened! Maybe you could try using a shop vac to suction up as much of the spilled fragrance as you can, and then a carpet shampooer/extractor spray on lots of water with it and keep suctioning up over and over. Good luck!

Since it is oil, I would try to remove with things that would counteract the oil. Like alcohol or alcohol based cleaners. I have little puppies so we use Nature's Miracle (get at Petco/Petsmart) which is an enzymatic cleaner and removes stains and odors. For other oil spills/stains, my husband cleans with Castrol Super Clean. The trick will be testing in a closet or other out of sight area so that you do not cause further damage to the carpet.

Sure hope that you can get it to a place that you can stand it!

Oh yuk. That stuff is now down into the padding and underlayment. A carpet steamer over, and over, and over may dilute and then suck most of it up from the carpet and padding, but FO can be tenacious ( something we love in candles, but not in carpet.)

Is it in an area that you can lift up and clean all the way through? You may need to seal the floor beneath with kilz to contain the smell.