Best Gingerbread or Gingerbread cookie scent?

Belinda

With Christmas fast approaching, I've been wanting to start pouring some scents like gingerbread. I bought gingerbread cookies from JS and though it smells good, it's not very strong. I have gingerbread from NG and it's ok but doesn't have much cookie to it. Who has a good, strong gingerbread cookie scent?

Thanks!

Hi Belinda! In my opinion, the best gingerbread ever is WYW Buttery Gingerbread from Bittercreek! One of my best sellers at Christmas time and it is very strong and in fact it is double concentrated so you use half of what you normally use! It is wonderful and strong and my customers really love it!:cheesy2:

It was one for which I was on a quest. Finally settled on 2 that I like. NG's Gingerbread, which you mention that you have tried, and TCS Gingersnap Cookies.

I have not done it yet, but I plan to mix half a Gingerbread melt with CS SVS and also try half a melt with Peak's BD Cake. Just because I like sweet melts, of course.

Same here Karen! I think that's a great idea. I had thought about mixing some of NG's gingerbread with some sugar cookie but bday cake sounds even better. NG's gingerbread is strong to me but I don' t get the bakery scent from it that I want along with the ginger smell. Thanks for the ideas!

I had been doing the Qtip blending method but after reading a post (I think emilyspoppy was the contributor) where those more experienced than me were sharing blending tips, I have shifted to making melts and mixing halves or pieces of each to warm to get a more accurate scent.

I was thinking of blending the half Gingerbread melt with half a BD Cake melt and naming it Gingerbread Muffins or Gingerbread Cupcakes (provided I love it). I figure if each is a winner/favorite alone, I can start to get crazier with blending.

I've tried JS Gingerbread cookies and it has the scent I want but just not strong at all. I think I'll try Karen's advice and blend some of NG's gingerbread and someone's bday cake or maybe a sugar cookie and get a stronger gingerbread cookie. Or the next time I order from TCS I'll try their gingersnap cookies!

The best gingerbread I have found is Backwoods Honey Gingergread and its strong.

For a really good cookie type gingerbread Peaks Gingerbread Cookies is strong.

I agree Honey Gingerbread, my is my all time favorite. But I am trying to find a gingerbread cookie this year for a change and also because $14.00 for shipping one LB of oil made me delete my cart. I just can't bring myself to pay that much for shipping :(

My favorite gingerbread is Iced Gingerbread from Southern Soapers (now Soapalooza...it is listed under the "New Fragrances" section of the site). It is more of a creamy gingerbread. You can definitely detect the vanilla icing in this one...yum!