Cute Fabric I Just Ordered

SliverOfWax

I like to make fleece-backed throws, approximately 36" x 60", no batting. Loralie Harris designs the cutest fabric perfect for the throws. This is her latest design. I'll hand quilt around each square, with some solid black all around it like a border.

She's done a couple of kitty designs, which I've used, but the only doggie one she's done before was Christmas doggies, and I stupidly didn't buy it when it was available. I was happy to see she'd done another doggie one.

loraliedogs_zps5e370a14.jpg

You should offer one for sale, here on the forum for me in that doggy print. My Primo got one made by my stepmom 2 christmases ago. Her fabric was not nearly as cute as this. Needless to say...Primo was a puppy then and ripped the edges....so now it lines his kennel. He is in need of a new blankie to carry around....he keeps stealing my throws from the couch LOL.

See? He takes my blanket...sucks on it until he's exhausted...then sleeps on it.

post-10297-139458511868_thumb.jpg

Edited by debratant

I've thought about promoting them as pet blankets, but I'm not sure who would be willing to pay the "hand quilted" price. I might "machine quilt" one and see how it looks and how much labor costs it saves. If I could get my hands on the Loralie Christmas doggies fabric, I would definitely try that. People spend as much on Christmas presents for their pets as they do for their kids.

Back when I had a bunch of dogs, they all had large hand knitted pillow cases with their name embedded in the center. I would knit their call name into one side and their registered name on the other. I didn't make them for anyone else, though. Just my own dogs.

Well, I did find the Christmas doggie fabric at a place where I occasionally order, but retail, not wholesale. I'll wait 'til they have free shipping, which they do every 3 months or so. I hate to pay retail, but that's what I get for dwaddling.

This isn't the full panel, but it's enough to see how cute they are:

loraliechristmasdoggie_zps9c927fc1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...