Indigo Fragrance?

Anyone have any experience with them? I am awaiting an order from them currently, but have never tried them before. They are supposed to be manufacturers of scents and it looks like a lot of scents are one's that NG carries as well. I wonder if it is the same concentration since NG is a lot less expensive, but I do notice many NG scents are hit or miss or you need to use more FO even though they indicate theirs are concentrated and you only need .5 to 1 oz per lb. Not sure if there is even any place that doesn't say their FOs are 100% concentrated so not even sure what sellers mean by that. I ordered scents that NG didn't carry from Indigo. Wasn't sure if there was any advantage from ordering directly from Indigo as the other resellers sell the scents cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with them? I am awaiting an order from them currently, but have never tried them before. They are supposed to be manufacturers of scents and it looks like a lot of scents are one's that NG carries as well. I wonder if it is the same concentration since NG is a lot less expensive, but I do notice many NG scents are hit or miss or you need to use more FO even though they indicate theirs are concentrated and you only need .5 to 1 oz per lb. Not sure if there is even any place that doesn't say their FOs are 100% concentrated so not even sure what sellers mean by that. I ordered scents that NG didn't carry from Indigo. Wasn't sure if there was any advantage from ordering directly from Indigo as the other resellers sell the scents cheaper.

I wondered that exact same thing!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is old, but has anyone else ordered and tested with them yet?  Having a hard time narrowing my suppliers and I just love the priced and all the fun, unique scents they have.  I currently have 5 suppliers and want to stick with 6 total.  I am torn between trying Indigo, WSP, FB or Maple Street as my 6th supplier.  Anyone?

Edited by lovelyscents
  • Like 1

I will have to try Indigo myself sounds interesting. I do recommend  Maple Street ,great price on samples & low flat rate shipping cost. Aztec ,FB, Flaming ,Candlescience ,Peak ,Indiana & Candlemakers store have some great oils to choose from as well. .I have never used Natures Garden .I do love WSP Jelly Donut, Frasier Fir ,Maple pecan streusel & their  Vanilla bean Noel is FANTASTIC. WSP is a bit higher ,but keep in mind free ship over 40.They do offer many sales thru out the year. The big year end sale will start after the New Year ,great time to stock up on some oils. I will be looking into Indigo ,I have heard some good reviews on this company. I hope you find some good ones from the companies you decide on. I think you will like Aztec & Maple Street ,definitely check these 2 out . 

On 12/22/2016 at 10:19 PM, katmeltswax said:

I will have to try Indigo myself sounds interesting. I do recommend  Maple Street ,great price on samples & low flat rate shipping cost. Aztec ,FB, Flaming ,Candlescience ,Peak ,Indiana & Candlemakers store have some great oils to choose from as well. .I have never used Natures Garden .I do love WSP Jelly Donut, Frasier Fir ,Maple pecan streusel & their  Vanilla bean Noel is FANTASTIC. WSP is a bit higher ,but keep in mind free ship over 40.They do offer many sales thru out the year. The big year end sale will start after the New Year ,great time to stock up on some oils. I will be looking into Indigo ,I have heard some good reviews on this company. I hope you find some good ones from the companies you decide on. I think you will like Aztec & Maple Street ,definitely check these 2 out . 

Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...

Indigo order came in today!  I may not be an expert for OOB sniffing as others on here, but these are my impressions OOB:

Cotton Candy: threw it away immediately.  It had a very weird smell overpowering it almost like a stink bomb?  I sniffed it several times putting the cap back on and smelling others in between to come back to it, still horrible. :(

Funnel cake: still strong and true like powdered sugar and slight dough.

PPW: strong and true to the BBW type. Very similar to Flaming version to my nose/ICS has a slight "cleaning agent" smell to it deep down IMO.

Marshmallow fireside: strong and true to the BBW type, may be a bit stronger / deeper than Flaming version even.

Vanilla sugar cookie dough: strong and yummy, more vanilla than ICS version.

Pumpkin crunch cake: strong, not my favorite.  To the oils defense, I have not smelled another version to compare it to yet.

Strawberry jam: smells like NG strawberry passion.

Zucchini bread: nice sweet bread note.

Sugar waffle cone: would you believe me if I told you this smells very close to birthday cake?

Baked pie crust: smells yummy, seems more true than the ICS version.

Birthday cake: slight bubblegum smell?

Overall, I am happy but still unsure about their oils.  I guess getting them in wax will tell all.  All I can say honestly is that I have overwhelmed myself with buying the same scent from several companies.  It is very difficult smelling each one even with breaks in between and distinguishing which is mostly different about them.  I think one is great and then smell another that seems better, but not as good when I go back to the original and it goes on and on.  Am I smelling too deep into the oils, so I am picking up unwanted notes?   I am driving myself absolutely crazy over this.  Any helpful hints or things I should do differently to help myself out here? *shudder* 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

Indigo order came in today!  I may not be an expert for OOB sniffing as others on here, but these are my impressions OOB:

Overall, I am happy but still unsure about their oils.  I guess getting them in wax will tell all.  All I can say honestly is that I have overwhelmed myself with buying the same scent from several companies.  It is very difficult smelling each one even with breaks in between and distinguishing which is mostly different about them.  I think one is great and then smell another that seems better, but not as good when I go back to the original and it goes on and on.  Am I smelling too deep into the oils, so I am picking up unwanted notes?   I am driving myself absolutely crazy over this.  Any helpful hints or things I should do differently to help myself out here? *shudder* 

My tips are this:

• I just do not judge an oil until it is in my wax. Some were as bad as I thought from the bottle/first impression, some were better and some worse! Because wax types and methods are so different, I could mail you my wax poured in the same oils you have and you might be surprised to know they were the same.
  • Start a spreadsheet (you may have one) and keep good notes when you melt or burn. Makes it easier to know which scents had better throw and longevity. Otherwise, you will never remember. Also easier to declare a winner amongst a single scent you are testing. The spreadsheet also helps you not accidentally order the same oils over and over from the same suppliers to test when you already have. 

14 minutes ago, justajesuschick said:

My tips are this:

• I just do not judge an oil until it is in my wax. Some were as bad as I thought from the bottle/first impression, some were better and some worse! Because wax types and methods are so different, I could mail you my wax poured in the same oils you have and you might be surprised to know they were the same.
  • Start a spreadsheet (you may have one) and keep good notes when you melt or burn. Makes it easier to know which scents had better throw and longevity. Otherwise, you will never remember. Also easier to declare a winner amongst a single scent you are testing. The spreadsheet also helps you not accidentally order the same oils over and over from the same suppliers to test when you already have. 

Karen,

I really appreciate you commenting as I know you have been on this forum for a long time and I know it seems like you always are repeating yourself to newer wax people such as myself.  I have a spreadsheet that I have not used yet as I am starting all over with wax blends and have things curing.  I used to do wax years ago, but mostly used POB from NG without thinking too far into it since I did not sell it.  I did have an etsy shop years ago (I make skincare items) that was becoming a steady business for me, but I had to take time off due to family health issues.  I never tried selling wax at the time because I did not feel the NG POB was good enough (I am very particular about what I want to sell and my standards are VERY VERY high for myself).  I also do not try to take the easier route with anything, meaning the POB was essentially too easy (being premixed and not made by me) to be unique to me I guess is how I look at it.  Absolutely no harsh judgement to any that uses premade wax, if I was lucky enough for it to work for me as it works for others, I would consider it.  I do not give up when things get tough, I am the dust yourself off and try harder type of gal.  Plus I was so busy with bath and body items, I didnt focus on wax enough to research and test extensively like I am now, I just kept improving my bath items to the best they could be.  Honestly now that I have ventured into the wax addict world and wax groups, I have realized how particular and bashing of vendors these women can be even over the smallest things or things that can be straightened out just by speaking directly with the vendor.  Therefore, it is still slightly intimidating for me to think about selling wax beings those are the customers you are selling to.  I am slowly getting back into my bath and body items.  I have always been overly OBSESSED with fragrances and wax melts, so I would love to sell it just to be able to make them all the time.  Vendors are creeping up daily, so it seems like a fine line to be successful.  It also seems more difficult to stand out anymore as there is only so much you can do with wax as far as shapes, clams, chunks, loaves etc.  Then I think that there are a lot of people in the world, everyone has a different way of how they make their wax and scent blends can make you different from the rest, so I would hope the world could fit at least one more vendor (me)?  I do have a hard time believing myself when I say that sometimes after looking through the 100s of scent blends some vendors offer.  I think to myself "people love this vendors wax and she has every scent you can think of, so where would I fit in?".  I have definitely overwhelmed myself too fast though by purchasing too many waxes and oils at once.  I have 4 different waxes (2 soy / 2 paraffin), so imagine all the ways I am blending between those (2 waxes together, 3 together - 50/50, 80/20, 60/40).  Not to mention the FO % to use and different temps (getting conflicting answers with this part) due to being different with each wax, but for the most part, I thought it is pretty standard to be around 185, some say 165 is best.  I also have realized how fast wax temp can change and vary depending on where the thermometer is sitting within the wax.  This then makes me question which actual temp was used on each batch and this frustrates me to the max as I feel I cannot properly test without each thing being the same as far as temp goes.  What if I have a great wax blend, but added FO at the wrong temp making the throw or longevity seem bad when the wax is actually perfect, just not done correctly to seem so :confused:  I said I didnt like things to be too easy right?  Well, I should not have thought this way when it comes to wax haha.  After all that wax blend dilemma, do not forget that I have to test EVERY FO in each of the 14+ different blends I am testing to not only find the best throw, but also the best version of each oil.  I have over 50 melts curing and honestly do not know the best way to start testing them since there are so many at once.  I feel I may wear out my "candle nose" before I even get a dozen tested.  I am going to send a couple to family, but cannot trust them as a reliable source as they will say they are all good (which I love them for being nice), but honesty and constructive criticism is what I need in wax terms.  I think I am going to put this wax bus in reverse a bit and test each wax by itself with each oil then start blending the waxes I like the most based upon different factors.  I guess I sometimes also worry that I will find what I believe to be my perfect wax blend, but then question it depending on the oils I am using.  This is why I have taken others advice on here on which blends seem to work for the most part (this is how I determined which waxes to start with) to skip so much confusion on my end.  Do not worry, I still have myself nice and overly confused over here.  I know this is a long process for someone as particular as me and yourself Karen, so I am ready for that.  I also know the testing never ends, so this ship will keep sailing into retirement.  All I have to say is, I would be screaming in my head and tempted to fully tackle someone to the floor if they ever make a comment such as "how hard can it be, you just melt wax and add oil to it". :o

1 hour ago, lovelyscents said:

Cotton Candy: threw it away immediately.  It had a very weird smell overpowering it almost like a stink bomb?  I sniffed it several times putting the cap back on and smelling others in between to come back to it, still horrible. :(

Funnel cake: still strong and true like powdered sugar and slight dough.

PPW: strong and true to the BBW type. Very similar to Flaming version to my nose/ICS has a slight "cleaning agent" smell to it deep down IMO.

Marshmallow fireside: strong and true to the BBW type, may be a bit stronger / deeper than Flaming version even.

Vanilla sugar cookie dough: strong and yummy, more vanilla than ICS version.

Pumpkin crunch cake: strong, not my favorite.  To the oils defense, I have not smelled another version to compare it to yet.

Strawberry jam: smells like NG strawberry passion.

Zucchini bread: nice sweet bread note.

Sugar waffle cone: would you believe me if I told you this smells very close to birthday cake?

Baked pie crust: smells yummy, seems more true than the ICS version.

Birthday cake: slight bubblegum smell?

So this is helpful ..... Have a few of ICS oils you mentioned + am surprised I didn't care for them. Pie crust to me was not strong and my bottle had a slight nutty note

in the background - didn't like that. Cookie dough seems weak to me OOB but in all fairness I didn't put in in wax since I wasn't impressed OOB.

I love her Peach Cobbler though - not super strong but very nice in my opinion. My daughter loves her Zucchini bread and always asks for wax melts in that.

One of these days Ill try the Indigo Fireside marshmallow . Weird how the birthday cake smells like bubblegum ??? lol ! I have pumpkin crunch cake from NG - Not 

impressed - not bad just not for me. 

7 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

So this is helpful ..... Have a few of ICS oils you mentioned + am surprised I didn't care for them. Pie crust to me was not strong and my bottle had a slight nutty note

in the background - didn't like that. Cookie dough seems weak to me OOB but in all fairness I didn't put in in wax since I wasn't impressed OOB.

I love her Peach Cobbler though - not super strong but very nice in my opinion. My daughter loves her Zucchini bread and always asks for wax melts in that.

One of these days Ill try the Indigo Fireside marshmallow . Weird how the birthday cake smells like bubblegum ??? lol ! I have pumpkin crunch cake from NG - Not 

impressed - not bad just not for me. 

I am so glad I am not too horrible at explaining scents, I agree the ICS pie crust is nutty, just couldnt put my finger on what it was!  Agree again with sugar cookie dough, but I just put some in a couple wax blends to let cure and will get back to you!  I hear oils cannot be judged OOB for sure!  The birthday cake is like a bubblegum or candy note, cannot put my finger on it, but definitely different from the sweeter ones from ICS and Flaming.  I cannot wait to try the birthday cake from Peak and also want to try cake batter ice cream from WSP!

Edited by lovelyscents

1 minute ago, lovelyscents said:

I am so glad I am not too horrible at explaining scents, I agree the ICS pie crust is nutty, just couldnt put my finger on what it was!  Agree again with sugar cookie dough, but I just put some in a couple wax blends to let cure and will get back to you!  I hear oils cannot be judged OOB for sure!  The birthday cake is like a bubblegum or candy note, cannot put my finger on it, but definitely different from the sweeter ones from ICS and Flaming.  I cannot wait to try the birthday cake from Peak and also want to try cake batter ice cream from WSP!

Peak has a good birthday cake and so does RE. Ive read Flaming's + fragrance buddy's cake is good too. Have you tried many WSP oils ? I really like them.

• 6 years later...

Hi I don’t know if anyone can help with this but u all seem very knowledgeable about essential oil scents. Anyway I normally buy from scentastics a company based in Vermont that sells at fairs/festivals. Something has happened and they are no longer selling and I’m looking for an Egyptian musk that I always bought from them. I’ve tried so many different brands and none smells like there’s. Do any of u have a recommendation for a great smelling one? Thanks so much 😊