Disposing of Used Wax

Yup, I know that's what you're talking about.

Here's a pic of the firestarters I have made. My friend's husband loves them. I haven't started selling them but I've read they sell really well at shows.

post-13101-139458510693_thumb.jpg

Yup, I know that's what you're talking about.

Here's a pic of the firestarters I have made. My friend's husband loves them. I haven't started selling them but I've read they sell really well at shows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26159[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the picture, SuzyK. They are actually cute.

Are the fire starters scented? Do you add more FO to the used wax and dip the pine cones in your wax?

I scented them a little bit. I just use the cupcake holders and put the pinecone in it and pour the wax in. You also buy potpourri and use that instead of pinecones. Oh and in the bottom I also put in pet bedding. If you search firestarters here you'll find more info. :)

Throw out wax?!!! Oh the horror! I think most chandlers repurpose old or used wax. Its so expensive its almost like throwing gold out.

Use it as a practice wax, make tarts, use if for dipping scented pine cones, just don't throw it out!! LOL

lol. I have never repurposed old wax in my life.

It's trash.

Toss it!

I've resisted posting on this thread, because I had little interest in the subject, but having read the previous post, I feel I must jump in and agree with this member.

Please, however, do not stress out your local landfill by contaminating it with what can be a difficult to "compost" material . ("Green Movement" advocates agree!)

If you send me a PM; I will reply with an address for a location here in Southern Maryland so that you can ship your unwanted wax to a recycling facility that has been established to dispose of your "trash" wax. You will only need to pay the shipping cost. There are no other processing fees.

Note: All waxes, regardless of type, color or scent will be accepted except GEL WAX. This facility does not accept that product.

HTH

Edited by emilyspoppy
I'm a MORON!

All the wax I've saved from testing, minus the souffle cups I filled & gave away (100's) will be made into fire starters to be sold at a fall benefit for animal rescue. I definitely didn't want to haul 200LBs of used wax when I moved, but anything I could do to help would be worth it. So glad I didn't throw it away!

LOL, I'm sure by fall I'll have another 100LBs to use, the way I test!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I have wicked a jar and poured the used tart wax into it. Makes a pretty candle, all the different colored layers. They make great candles for when the electric goes off. My customers swear they still have a great smell this way. The jars I use for these are 12 oz Mason type and are $2.00 each. Also put a caution label on the bottom.

All the wax I've saved from testing, minus the souffle cups I filled & gave away (100's) will be made into fire starters to be sold at a fall benefit for animal rescue. I definitely didn't want to haul 200LBs of used wax when I moved, but anything I could do to help would be worth it. So glad I didn't throw it away!

LOL, I'm sure by fall I'll have another 100LBs to use, the way I test!

This is a great ideal. Making fire starters for animal rescue fundraiser. Could have a bunch made up and ready for the wax all year long. Thanks Also don't forget you can always use the sample FO you didn't like for scents.

Good idea, got lots of those little 1ozers. I don't understand why they are waiting until the fall, the animals need them now. If I'm ready with candles by then I'll donate those & clamshells too.

Hey, maybe we could get everyone donating fire starters for rescue fundraisers. Anything helps!:yay:

This is a great ideal. Making fire starters for animal rescue fundraiser. Could have a bunch made up and ready for the wax all year long. Thanks Also don't forget you can always use the sample FO you didn't like for scents.
Edited by ChandlerWicks