Aztec Candle Supply 2 Thumbs UP!

JonB

can't say enough good things about this company.

we use alot of their oils.

just got their new sampler pack--- their newest fragrance oils.

wow.

if you are looking for a wonderful pineapple sweet baking aroma.. check out their new Pineapple Souffle. mmmmmm

watermelon punch and coconut butter is wow oh wow.

I have a bunch more to test. the whole lot smells fantastic.

Guest OldGlory

I've been curious about the coconut butter - kinda want to make a body butter with it if it's skin safe. I'll have to make a special trip in for that one this week!

Aztec has been my primary supplier for many years now. I've had lots of success, especially in 464, with a good number of their FOs.

Although I'm not too happy with some of their advice on their facebook page, I've tried their new sampler packs, and I'm pretty pleased with most of them! The coconut butter smells amazing, and I've already made a candle with the magnolia peach, it was wonderful too. I ordered their promotional (edited) sampler about a week ago, and can't wait to try those as well. They are the only company in TN that I know of that sells candle supplies, so I'd like to continue to hear good things about them.

Edited by Scented

Guest OldGlory
Although I'm not too happy with some of their advice on their facebook page, I've tried their new sampler packs, and I'm pretty pleased with most of them! The coconut butter smells amazing, and I've already made a candle with the magnolia peach, it was wonderful too. I ordered their promotional (edited) sampler about a week ago, and can't wait to try those as well. They are the only company in TN that I know of that sells candle supplies, so I'd like to continue to hear good things about them.

If you have questions about melt temperature, or anything for that matter, call Terri at Aztec.

I am a manufacturer/wholesaler and always seem to have needs beyond their normal business offerings. Terri has gone FAR out of her way to help me find those things. I appreciate that kind of personal service.

Edited by Scented

I can't help but wonder why the suppliers can't post mfg. specified directions on their website with the product, along with following through on giving that same advice on FB if they have a page, rather than chandlers having to call in to get clarification.

I don't like to, nor do I have time to call each and every supplier for melt temperature instructions or anything else. I do have time to check out the recommendations of the mfg. which is normally listed along with the product.

Is there Zuchinni Bread spicy or creamy?

their zucchini bread smells more cream than spice. you should sample this oil. that way- you will have your answer. many smell things different. I smell softer notes;not overly spicy.

take care.

If you have questions about melt temperature, or anything for that matter, call Terri at Aztec.

I am a manufacturer/wholesaler and always seem to have needs beyond their normal business offerings. Terri has gone FAR out of her way to help me find those things. I appreciate that kind of personal service.

Thank you:-)

Guest OldGlory

You are welcome! If I can be of any other help feel free to send me a private message.

Are you close to Knoxville?

You are welcome! If I can be of any other help feel free to send me a private message.

Are you close to Knoxville?

I sure will!

I don't live close to Knoxville, I live closer to the Alabama/Tennessee state line. If I ever did decide to start selling my products, it'd be nice to able to drive to pick up supplies, instead of mail ordering everything(especially wax) and maybe save a little bit on shipping(although gas is going to kill me too). I'm just tired of looking for new companies! There are so many companies out there, it's difficult to decide on who to use, so I was excited to find a company that wasn't several states away! There's another candle supply company in AL, closer to me than Aztec, but I haven't ordered anything from them yet. Sorry to go on...Thanks for your help, and I'll sure take you up on the offer if I ever need help :-)

Guest OldGlory

I understand about wanting to pick up wax! I live very near Knoxville and I used to drive to KY to buy wax. I would pick up 6-8 cases at a time, got a price break for buying that much, and it saved me a small fortune in shipping. I made a half day of it - did a little shopping along the way. Also, it's great to be able to sniff all the different fragrance oils when you are in their showroom.

If you have a business license and itemize deductions on your taxes, remember to keep your mileage and other expenses for the trip.

And I have confidence in Terri's ability to answer all of your questions, so that's not an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, just finished placing order (Autumn Leaves, Creamy Nutmeg, Harvest, Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar). When this gets here I'm probably going to make myself a bunch of votives (I actually prefer those to larger candles) so I will post reviews here and on their site. :yay:

I notice not many reviews on their site. That's puzzling considering how much people here seem to praise their quality. Maybe I can help them out. :)

Guest OldGlory

Darbla, if you want feedback on any of their fragrances send me a PM. I am there at the showroom at least once a month to pick up an order, and I try to get a sniff of the new scents. I have had a lot of success with many of their FOs, but they have some that fall short like most suppliers. I use 6006 and 464 waxes.

I love love love Aztec. Went to their candle convention in April, have the most helpful and amazing staff. We even won 50lbs of wax and they brought it to the hotel for us. And as far as their fragrance's go I have only found one that I didn't like.

OOOO MMMM GGGG I don't usually get excited over scents until they're in a product, because you know what you're sniffing OOB may not be the same. But this 'Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar' is the most scrumptious thing ever! All four I got are great OOB.

Nooooooo. Not anywhere close to pumpkin pie. If there is any pumpkin in it at all, it's doing a good job of hiding behind the sweet potato. I actually was considering adding some kind of creamy pumpkin scent to it.

OOOO MMMM GGGG I don't usually get excited over scents until they're in a product, because you know what you're sniffing OOB may not be the same. But this 'Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar' is the most scrumptious thing ever! All four I got are great OOB.

I just for this scent too!! I am never blown away by any scent but this was AAAMMMAAAZZZIINNGG!!!! I am definately going to be testing this scent!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me jump on the I LOVE ALL THINGS AZTEC bandwagon !!

It will be my main supplier if / when I get back into all this. I have never ever had anything but the most amazing products and customer service from them . Trust me and OG. We've both done enough shopping and sniffing over there they might as well give us room and board because I know when I go, I usually stay in there about 2 hours just sniffing and looking at the new stuff and getting ideas. They are the BEST ! LOL.

Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar huh ?? hmmm does it smell like a Sweet Potato Pie? If so....... I'M DOOMED ! I'll be trying to eat it or bathe in it LOL.

Also, someone asked why there wasn't that many reviews on scents on their website.... I can't speak for them, but I do know that the website they have now, is very new and they've been working the kinks out of it for a while... The " review " section is something that is new to this particular version of their website. I'm sure as it goes along, more reviews will be readily available. I guess I can go over there and give reviews on the older scents that I've used, and sold, and hopefully help someone out :)

Thunder/Thor said he missed you.

Let me jump on the I LOVE ALL THINGS AZTEC bandwagon !!

It will be my main supplier if / when I get back into all this. I have never ever had anything but the most amazing products and customer service from them . Trust me and OG. We've both done enough shopping and sniffing over there they might as well give us room and board because I know when I go, I usually stay in there about 2 hours just sniffing and looking at the new stuff and getting ideas. They are the BEST ! LOL.

Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar huh ?? hmmm does it smell like a Sweet Potato Pie? If so....... I'M DOOMED ! I'll be trying to eat it or bathe in it LOL.

Also, someone asked why there wasn't that many reviews on scents on their website.... I can't speak for them, but I do know that the website they have now, is very new and they've been working the kinks out of it for a while... The " review " section is something that is new to this particular version of their website. I'm sure as it goes along, more reviews will be readily available. I guess I can go over there and give reviews on the older scents that I've used, and sold, and hopefully help someone out :)