Crafts show pics

Thanks. They sold very well!! I named the jar after my daughter. It's called The Cayla Collection. I put flowers in a jar, to show people how you can recycle the jar. I told them they can also be used for reed diffusers. I will be purchasing more this week. The blue ball mason jars were a hit too.

Guest OldGlory

Nice job Chris! Your candles look great.

Good idea for repurposing your new jars. I'm a hard sell, but that would cinch it for me!

I use intuit. They send you a card swiper that fits the iPhone and iPads . They charge 2.7 % fee per swipe. It does not add up to much. You just need to have a wifi connection or data plan on your iPhone . (4g).

Thank you

Everything looks awesome!! Not surprised that you did well!! LOVE how you decorated the blue jars. I just got mine from Fillmore on Friday...absolutely LOVE them!!! I sure hope they keep those in stock always...gorgeous jars!! Congrats on your great show!!

Thanks Puma! But stock up on them while you can. The blue Ball Mason jar is limited edition, celebrating their 100th Anniversary. They are only here for a little while. I ordered 5 cases. Then I had them shipped to the Ace store near me, 10 cases. Tuesday I pick up 12 more cases. Love them. My local Walmart had a few singles, in the crafting section. Scooped them up too.

Very nice & congrats on your sales! I have an off the wall question for you, where did you run across the flat "driftwood" pieces? I have been looking all over the internet for some to make signs with. Thanks in adavance!

Chris

Chris,

I see you are in NJ. I'm in Atlantic County. I'm taking my first candle making class this Friday in a suburb of Philly. My biggest fear is that I will get hooked - lol. Would love any suggestions/tips I can get.

Thanks.

Luanne , welcome to the boards and candle making. Have fun at your class! I am sure they will give advice too. I have only been doing this a year. I would say , start with one jar size. You have to test burn each new candle to make sure it has the right wick. Wicks can act different with each new scent. Candle making is great, but there definitely a science to it. Also read as much as you can. Enjoy :)

The show was in Matawan. I'm from north Jersey. I try different shows , to see what ones do better. Let me know how your class went. If you get into candle making , try suppliers you can drive to. It will save you alot in shipping and handling, if you start ordering in bulk.

Chris - Other than than Candles and Supplies in Quakertown, PA and Candlewik in Doylestown, PA ( oth about 2 hrs. away), where else do you suggest? I need to get everything.

Luanne

Those are the two places I drive to. They are about an 1 1/2 hours from me. I have ordered scents and wicks that were delivered from candle science, natures garden, and bittercreek. I want to try Peaks, which sponsors this board and people seem to like. I would suggest a sample pack of wicks while you are testing. But wait until after your class, they probably will help you. Wicks can burn differently with each new scent. Strong scents usually need a larger wick.