soy wax tarts

I really like 415 for tarts. It's a container wax and really soft but you can add stearic acid to make it harder for single tarts or use on it's own for clamshells. It has, IMO, the best throw and bakery scents really pop in 415.

I use CS' clamshells...they have good prices. it's 29.99$ for 90 clamshells...for the standard 6pc clamshell.

Edited by Lizzy

:wave:Thank you so much Lizzy I'm going to order some today. What wax do you suggest to do tumblers in? Do I use steric or something? I am working w/palm but just wanted to change it up a little. How do you try and avoid "wet" spots? I'm excited to try. *super banana*

I have tried the praline pecan from "P" and OMG it is amazing :P

Thank you,

Suzan:smiley2:

I have used Ecosoya's PB for tarts. All I can say is they smell fabulous! It blew me away how great they are. But I prefer palm wax. Probably because they smell just as awesome and I only use palm for candles now. But for clamshells you do want a wax you can pour cooler and the Ecosoya PB should work fine.

Hi Girls ~ I'm making soy wax tarts using Ecosoya PB~ what is your percent load for FO? The manufacture recommends 12% and CS recommends 6%. Substantially different. I want the best soy wax tarts so I would appreciate your input and thank you in advance for your help.

Thank YOU!

Hi Suzan,

I love PB for my soy wax tarts. I love that All EcoSoya® soy wax is Kosher Certified and manufactured meeting all FDA standards.

I bought my clam shells from CS although after receiving them, I was contacted by Maryland Thermoform and their prices and products {samples} are very comparable.

Hi Suzy:wave:

I was wondering if you used this compo in a container? If so how was it for the adhesion?

I just made a couple xcel (only) containers but I think I'm ganna let cure for a while and see how it goes.

I used eco's in them. I haven't heard much good stuff about them but I thought "what the heck I'll give it a try". I hate waiting for them to cure.:waiting:.

How long do you usually wait for them to cure?:grin2:

I have never made a "real" candle. I only do wax melts. xcel is a pretty sticky, soft wax so I assume it will be a good one to use. And it's so creamy when poured. I let my wax melts cure for at least a week.

:yes:Thank you Suzy It is very soft wax it was creamy so i rubbed it on my hands to see if it will help w/dry skin lol. I put them away and I am going to let them cue for at least a week. I saw your site and you are so creative and they are all beautiful.:bow: I made clam shell's do you know if people make more shells or cups? I'm FAR away from selling anything I still have to test, test, test. lol

Thank you

Edited by Heaven Scent Candles
Added another question

Awww. Thank you for the compliment. I have a lot of work to do in both my shops. Right now, I only have portion cups because I ran out of clamshells and haven't wanted to spend the money to get more. I asked on my facebook page if people would be interested in clamshells again and I had a few respond that they prefer the clamshells but they still buy the portion cups from me because they love my wax melts. I will eventually get some more clamshells because they do sell well for me. I think whichever you sell, if you have a good product, people will buy them! Yes, test test test!

i have 10lbs of xcel i just got, is there anything i can mix it with to use it in a candle? im try to get good adhesion and i dont want to waist it. I guess I should of read up on it better. Thank u so much for your help

Hi! I did do some testing with the cb excel when it first came out. It really has incredible throw and I did not mix anything with it at the time. It does take a smaller wick than you would normally use. I use cd wicks with great success. I was very pleased with the throw but stuck with my ez soy because I just had too many that I did not want to take the time to re-test. Great wax and if my ez soy ever goes away, I would use that! Best of luck!!

:wave:Thank you all for the information you gave to me. Suzy I know how you feel about money it seems like it's there one day then oops here comes another bill to pay.:cry2:

I'll up date you on the candles i made after cure. I made me a 1/2 doz of roses (ok clams) and they came out sooo nice. I'm having a great time making these.:bliss:

Thank you all:yes:

:wave:Thank you so much Lizzy I'm going to order some today. What wax do you suggest to do tumblers in? Do I use steric or something? I am working w/palm but just wanted to change it up a little. How do you try and avoid "wet" spots? I'm excited to try. *super banana*

I have tried the praline pecan from "P" and OMG it is amazing :P

Thank you,

Suzan:smiley2:

Honestly, I don't. I am not bothered by them. :)

Hmmmm...Praline Pecan from P? Not sure I know what that mean? LOL

Hi Lizzy:wave: The praline pecan is from peak and it's real name is

Creamy Praline Pecan mmmm.:drool:

I'm putting in a order from peak now and I am looking for some spring scents and/or some

fruity scents too. Do you have any idea's for me?:read:

The pecan is awesome but just looking for some fruity/flower scents.

Thank you.:thumbsup: