Need help with a supplier computer site.

For two years, I have been trying without success to access Gemlite Fragrance's website in order to purchase fragrances.

The owner of the site, Robin Cheng, has written to me that he has a background in computers from U of C at Berkley and also Princeton. He said he designed his own website. He also suggested that my computer's "failure to load element" is due to a problem on my end. He accepts orders by phone and email, but It's not convenient for me.

I would appreciate if some members would try to access his site and let me know if they are successful or not trying to "Enter (his) Shoppe"

http://www.ipmiplc.com/gemlite/

TIA

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Fine for me too. Do you use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox? If I can't access a website, I always try MF & it usually works.

It was fine for me too. Did you try a different browser? Sometimes that makes a difference.
Edited by ChandlerWicks

Thanks bunches, ladies!

I use Internet Explorer-8.

The strange thing is, it wasn't working for me on two different computers. Both use IE-8.

This is the only site I'm having a problem with. I now wonder if maybe there is an issue with my ISP. I still have dial-up. PLEASE don't ask why!

I think I'll call their support tech and inquire.

Thanks again!

No further member testing is needed. I do appreciate all of the very quick replies.

Dave

it's a weird website but I can get to it. If I had found it on my own, I probably wouldn't order because the site is not very good. The pricing seems weird.

To be honest, I would agree with you, if I wasn't already familiar with his fragrances. I've been using them for about 6 years now.

I "stumbled" onto Gemlite during an eBay search.

I've "sampled" about 2/3 of the listed FO's and purchased his "Tea Tree" EO and a few other chemicals. The low prices on FO's was an attraction to me.

I've found about 20 fragrances (mostly simple/basic) that work and throw very well IMO. I also found some that were problematic and have since avoided them.

The biggest issue is when I asked Mr. Cheng which FO's were skin safe, I was basically told I would need to do my own testing. I am a chandler and do not sell B&B, but I find that reply quite worriesome. I'm sure many on this board would not consider using a supplier who was vague when it came to a discussion of safety matters.

JMO/HTH

Dave

I got on the site okay. I found it ugly and weird thou.You are right Dave. I would never shop for FO's at any place that does not list body safe oils. His "do your own testing" shows he's not in touch with today's buyers. Very bad.

It's quite a shame too! It wouldn't be all that hard to get up to date.

He once wrote me, that he's been in business for over 34 years. From our conversations, I suspect we are about the same age. When I mentioned his "system" wasn't working properly he told me that he "sold by phone" for many years. ???

If you think this site is bad you should have seen the old one that didn't have a "shopping cart". He admitted to me that he designed the site himself after the guy he was using let him down. At first no browser would open his "shoppe". Robin's site is the only one I have problems with that I'm aware of.

What's really annoying to me, though, is he does have some good items.

He told me he is a manufacturer, but I had another supplier's rep tell me that was not so. I don't know the truth, actually.

Until now, I was willing to deal with the quirks of his operation to get what I wanted, but I'm not sure how long I will continue to buy FO there, because I might be making a slight venture into B&B.

No MSDI, No way, Jose!

I suspect that he is a one man show. Several years ago, I was having a problem getting in touch with him for several weeks. I thought he had gone out of business. Finally he contacted me. He told me he had been on a trip. I've never spoken or corresponded with anyone other than him. It makes me wonder how large his operation is. He recently wrote me he has ton's of wax he would like to sell and would be glad to work-up a quote on pallet prices and common carrier shipping. I've never experienced an out-of-stock. I have some of his FO's that are approaching 10 years old and although I've "retired" them, I've kept them around out of curiosity. They appear as sound as when I bought them.

There is a chance he misunderstood my request for data, though. I need to call him and find out for sure. I'll post again, if I learn anything different. I don't like talking to suppliers. I prefer simple on-line ordering.

Hi Dave! Just now reading this but I was able to access the website too. I agree with everyone in that it was a very strange website like none I have ever seen! This is the first supplier that I have seen where they do not tell you if it is bodysafe and to do my own testing. I always thought it was commonplace to say body safe or not! I don't blame you dear friend, there are too many wonderful suppliers out there where you can do online ordering with no issues whatsoever!