worst selling fragrances??

JI

I tend to always think of my best. But I would like to compile a list of worst sellers...I know there are variations in regions. One person's junk is another person's treasure. . I am looking for the ones that take ages to move. I am hoping this list will help avoid future mistakes for me... here are mine...

From lonestar

Wine fragrances, all, incl. Champagne berries.

From cs

Green tea lemongrass

Black raspberry vanilla

Pecan pie

Love spell

Chardonnay

Sea mist

Amaretto nog (I have hope that I can blend it with others to make it move)

Honeydew melon

Edited by JI

I tend to always think of my best. But I would like to compile a list of worst sellers...I know there are variations in regions. One person's junk is another person's treasure. . I am looking for the ones that take ages to move. I am hoping this list will help avoid future mistakes for me... here are mine...

From lonestar

Wine fragrances, all, incl. Champagne berries.

From cs

Green tea lemongrass

Black raspberry vanilla

Pecan pie

Love spell

Chardonnay

Sea mist

Amaretto nog (I have hope that I can blend it with others to make it move)

Honeydew melon

CS "Lovespell-Type" is our #1 Best Seller. It outsells our second best by twice the amount. We have a very strong younger female customer base, but my 42 year old daughter also loves it. I keep hearing it bashed on the board, but "LS" is almost always on supplies best seller lists. I will state this; We dye ours a nice pretty pale pink. It sold poorly when we dyed it to match VS's purple shade. Maybe a "new look" might help. JMO/FWIW

"Smore's" sells fairly well but other chocolates do poorly. "Fudge Brownie" gets "Ooh's and Ah's" but winds up left on the shelf. I wish I had a buck for everytime I've overheard "Too fattening"!

I combined "Merlot" & "Pinot Noir" (slow sellers) and renamed them "Country Red Wine" and it's on the top ten list.

Sometimes it is about marketing.

Chocolate fragranced soaps don't move well for me, but have found if I blend with mint it sells so much better. I used LS Hershey fo and I believe LS Jack Frost and smelled like Ande's mint chocolates ..yummmm!

That's awesome! I love your originality.

I will try practically anything to move a nonmoving fragrance. I have choc sample that I cannot move. I will try blending with coffee and call it mocha...i love chocolate but would never buy a choc candle bc i would get so hungry...

I hear you! Chocolate is a hard one too for most. It's a great novelty though. I agree with what Dave mentioned about creative marketing. Yankme sure changes up the same scents all the time with different colors & fresh & fun names. I will say - regarding the comment on Lovespell...I overdosed myself on that one years back & it's hard for me to stomach that one anymore. But, I can see how changing it to a light pink would do well. It's a great scent if you haven't overdone it.

Edited by marcuset

Chocolate is a tough one for me to move also except for AH/RE Hot Chocolate around Christmas when I make the mug candles.

Love Spell and Pink Sugar this time of year I can't keep in stock......they fly

Chocolate -- except mint chocolate

Cinnamon - bakery sells fine, but not the spice...like cinnamon & clove, red hot cinnamon, etc.

Water scents -- rain water, etc. (too many floral notes in them, I think) -- I do have better luck with Ocean scents, but they have to have salty notes.

Apple/Cinnamon blends