A Buddha candle from a newbie

lashkla

Hi everyone,

I am new to candle making and have been experimenting with it for some time. Learning by watching online videos and reading posts from forums like this one.

Here is one of my attempts at Beeswax Buddha. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

Umesh

post-16350-13945850972_thumb.jpg

Thanks Irena,

I have seen a bunch of fountains and wall hangings with similar Buddha composition. I find them very oriental, I took my inspiration from Indian Buddhist sculptures. I am fan of Buddha sculptures :) and like them to be peaceful to look at. I tried to bring the same to my candle.

Where can I find these Canadian molds? might learn a thing or two.

Thanks Irena,

I have seen a bunch of fountains and wall hangings with similar Buddha composition. I find them very oriental, I took my inspiration from Indian Buddhist sculptures. I am fan of Buddha sculptures :) and like them to be peaceful to look at. I tried to bring the same to my candle.

Where can I find these Canadian molds? might learn a thing or two.

It was Lorie Martin from soapmoldsuperstore. I tried to find her store online, but nothing comes up. I went to the wayback machine and this a cached page from 2011 http://web.archive.org/web/20110208054428/http://soapmoldsuperstore.com/ Your mold looks just like hers.

Thanks Irena,

I couldn't see the pictures but can imagine hw similar it must be. Your not finding the store online may point to Buddha candles not being a good business :)

A neighborhood shop yesterday though found the candle appealing and ordered a couple. Lets how it all turns out.

Best,

Umesh

• 4 months later...