Do you wear an apron or other cover up when pouring wax?

Some of you are not clumsy like me so do not have this issue. For those like me, do you have "wax pouring" clothes? I have noticed that much of my lounge wear is now riddled/splattered or in some way dotted in wax.

My wax is naked so there are not colorful drops on my clothing. It just looks like water spots.

I was looking at both craft as well as kitchen aprons and wondered what others did or if some of you use aprons if you could provide a link of what you use.

I am a plus sized girl (DD fans know that Miss Kay would say I am "full-figured") so I need an apron that will be appropriate.

Appreciate it-as always!

Karen...I am Ms Clutz personified. I wear a heavy duty apron...it was meant for BBQ-ing. It is kind of a soft canvas material...kind of like a dropcloth. I would think that the type the workers wear in Home Depot or Lowes would be comparable. Just get something heavy duty so the wax splatters won't soak through. I am far from "petite" and most aprons will fit everyone!

post-123-13945850968_thumb.jpg

Luvin that apron! I think there are plenty of us clutzes on this board! I too am gravity challenged - gravity & coordination like to fight against my best efforts ;-) My husband says I need a bib.

Edited by marcuset

I have aprons, but I still tend to prefer my Goodwill sweatshirts! It is usually cold in my shop at first until I get it "fired up" so I wear a sweatshirt and my old jeans. I feel kinda funny tho when a customer comes in to the gift shop and I walk in with "my pouring clothes" on! An apron would really solve this. I could just slip it off when a customer comes in...

I have specific clothes I wear while making candles. It's not that I am messy I just would hate to ruin a shirt or pants I really like with an accidental spill of dye. I tend to make candles for a few hours so my candle clothes tend to be either baggy sweat pants and a sweatshirt or tshirt - I gotta be comfy while making candles :)

I am not terribly messy but I do wear a "lab coat" and it has worked out quite well! You can't be too careful! Lol!

Dearest, Angie!

You have it all wrong! It's "Dr. No" not "Dr. Moneypenny"!!! Now I'll have that vision etched into my memory bank forever. My "files" are almost filled-up, too! YIKES!

Well, I bought an apron!

My bins are a great green color in my craft room and now hanging on one of my chrome shelves is my new, nice and heavy canvas apron in green. It is all adjustable and I plan to take it for a test drive this weekend.

I got it for a nice price at a kitchen store in the shops across the street from our corporation. It is like this:

post-14519-139458509729_thumb.jpg

LOL!!!!!! Dave you just made me laugh out loud!! You are right, Dr. No wore a lab coat too! In our wonderful chats that we had I have come to believe that your files are never ending! Lol! (((((HUGS)))))

Yes, Ms. Angie! My "files are never ending".

Unfortunately they are stored in a very old, rusty and decrepid cabinet . . . my diseased brain!

((((Back at ya'))))