Help!!! Really love Southern Soapers Dragon's Blood!!

Moneypenny

Hi everyone! The Dragon's Blood from Southern Soapers is the best I have ever found and my customers just love it! The problem is I need to find one just like it because Southern Soapers is out of business. Has anyone tried the one from The Scent Works? I would love it to be strong is pure soy and body safe! Thanks so much!!:smiley2:

Hi everyone! The Dragon's Blood from Southern Soapers is the best I have ever found and my customers just love it! The problem is I need to find one just like it because Southern Soapers is out of business. Has anyone tried the one from The Scent Works? I would love it to be strong is pure soy and body safe! Thanks so much!!:smiley2:

Hey! Old friend! GREAT to see you here! I've really missed posting with you.

I need to send you a reply to your recent email. It's been pretty hectic for me lately. My family has been quite ill.

I'm holding a sample bottle of Candlescience "Dragon's Blood" in my left hand as I type this with my right one. I use it in my candles. As you know, I'm not into B&B, but the label reads "Bath & Body Safe".

I'll drop a bottle of it in the package I'm currently working on sending you. Have a great weekend and pray for spring. It's a nice day here!

If you happen to run into some "nasties" on this board, just ignore them. I do. I'm sad to say that while this board is much more active than the other one we spent years on, there are a few members here that seem to enjoy being less than friendly. Our "other" friend won't post here, because of it. I've tried to change her mind, but to no avail. Shame!

Keep posting! I wanna see my old dear "buddy" with a "Member" title under her name. "James" does too!

Movies, Music, Fragrances and goodies to follow! Gotta get my wife to bring home a box!

Dave

I am just passing on the info that was posted on the soap making forum. I hope it's not against the rules here but It states the following:

I just wanted you to know that the fragrance oils of Denise Mercelli Ballinger (may she rest in peace) were handed by her widower Brent Ballinger to sell. there are 60 drums of the Southern Soapers scents that Denise sold.

Proceeds of the sale will go to widower Brent and to the best of my understanding, I believe that the administrator, Cindy Gooding of soapmakingfragraceoils.com, is setting up a memorial scholarship in Denise's name. Cindy was Denise's best friend. So she and Denise's husband are selling the FO's that remained behind when Denise passed. It's your chance to get all your favorites and please tell your friends so they join the facebook group where the big sale is going to happen:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoapmakingFragranceOils/

Today is 3/14 so the sale should be starting in the next couple of days. Cindy just got back from Colorado and is getting ready to start the sale.

Thanks so very much everyone!! You have all been very helpful!! Dave ole buddy you are a real gem!!! Thanks so much dear friend! ((((hugs))))! Hope you and your family are doing well today! I emailed Kelly and it looks like we will be able to soon get all of our Southern Soapers favorites very soon! They have some on www.soapmakingfragranceoils.com and in the future Kelly will have them on www.soapalooza.com Great news for all of us who loved these fabulous oils! Thanks again everyone!!!

Thanks so very much everyone!! You have all been very helpful!! Dave ole buddy you are a real gem!!! Thanks so much dear friend! ((((hugs))))! Hope you and your family are doing well today! I emailed Kelly and it looks like we will be able to soon get all of our Southern Soapers favorites very soon! They have some on www.soapmakingfragranceoils.com and in the future Kelly will have them on www.soapalooza.com Great news for all of us who loved these fabulous oils! Thanks again everyone!!!

Darlin' Angie;

Knowing you are now on this board has made me so very happy! I am totally thrilled knowing there is someone here who understands my warped and silly sense of humor as you do. I've tried to curtail my foolishness, but it's been hard for me to do.

I have been planning on wearing mittens while reading the board postings and just lurk here as so many others do.

I've received a number of encouraging PM's from members who have admitted that they enjoy reading, but are afraid to post here. Such a shame. There are so many talented and friendly members here. I think that Alan has to be commended for permitting such an open board. It took some courage on his part.

FYI; I once bought a one pound bottle of Dragon's Blood from Candles & Supplies. I wish I had read the description better. It was a very pleasant fruity/floral fragrance unlike any earthy/musky resinous Dragon's Blood fragrance I have ever found anywhere else. It may have been a mistake made by the person filling the bottle, but I won't be buying DB from them again.

Isn't the freedom, to be able to mention other suppliers a refreshing change from the restrictions of "the other board"?

(((((Hugs))))) back at ya !!! :highfive:

Dave

Dave you are one of the sweetest people I know! I love reading all of your messages and your wisdom is boundless! Yes I love being able to share what I have learned and be able to share suppliers to help others as well! I love what I do and I love sharing so this is just perfect! Yes in my search for an amazing Dragon's Blood I did com across many of the descriptions of "fruity and floral" ?? I really wanted to capture the scent of when I walk into my favorite "head shop" Mother Murphy's here in town! I really felt like the Southern Soapers version did that for me! I will have to try the Southern Garden's version too some time! Yes I have paid tuition to the "school of hard knocks" for those mistaken pound bottles before too! Lesson learned! Sample first! Lol! I sure hope you are having a great day dear friend! Hope to chat with you soon! ((((((((HUGS)))))) Angie

Dave you are one of the sweetest people I know! I love reading all of your messages and your wisdom is boundless! Yes I love being able to share what I have learned and be able to share suppliers to help others as well! I love what I do and I love sharing so this is just perfect! Yes in my search for an amazing Dragon's Blood I did com across many of the descriptions of "fruity and floral" ?? I really wanted to capture the scent of when I walk into my favorite "head shop" Mother Murphy's here in town! I really felt like the Southern Soapers version did that for me! I will have to try the Southern Garden's version too some time! Yes I have paid tuition to the "school of hard knocks" for those mistaken pound bottles before too! Lesson learned! Sample first! Lol! I sure hope you are having a great day dear friend! Hope to chat with you soon! ((((((((HUGS)))))) Angie

I've not tried the two "Southern" DB's mentioned. I may have to check one out. I'll still just buy a pound though since everyone seems to rave on it. I hate paying 2 to 3 bucks for an ounce plus shipping. It's hard for me to do any effective testing with only an ounce.

I remember reading somewhere that Dragon's Blood was actually a blooming plant (flower) that grows in the orient. I think maybe that is the reason there are two very different versions of the scent on the market. One might be true to nature and the other (more popular) FO being a resinous concoction. I don't want to initiate a controversy. It's just a suggestion of why there are differences in the FO.

Angie; Please give me a call whenever you can. I promise not to talk for three hours like the last time!

((((((A BIG BEAR HUG))))))

Your old pal, The Idiot

Hi Dave! Yes I think I read where it was kind of tree and the "resin" from the tree is what they call Dragon's Blood. Anyway my "woodstock" customers love it!! I would love to give you a call! Enjoy our chats so much and it really did not seem like 3 hours last time! Lol! You are a dear sweet man and I love our chats! I am in between wholesale orders right now. Just finsished one and another one is coming in the the next day or so! I will fit in some chat time for us though! I don't agree with your last comment!! Lol! You are certainly my pal but you are the smartest man I know! (((((((((A BIG BEAR HUG TOO)))))))