NEW! Ball Heritage Collection vintage blue pint masons

I picked up 12 cases today- called to have them ordered and only had to pay for 6- our business has an account at true value and I had reward money I didn't even know I had!

They are beautiful!

Wow! Now I'm super jealous of you and your awesome blue jar haul! I need to shop at True Value more and accumulate some of that reward money myself. I forgot all about that. I can't wait to order some old fashioned zinc-look lids for them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another idea for them for Mother's Day or any kind of gift really- with these jars you can eliminate the painting (which I have done and they don't turn out like that!)

http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/diy-blue-mason-jars

I can't find anywhere that states how many of these jars will be produced- true value told me they have 21 left in their warehouse but another order is expected at the end of the month....I may have to get some more but I need to see if pre-tabbed wicks are tall enough for these jars- I am not into buying spools and parts to make them myself

Where do you find old fashioned zinc lids?

Here is another idea for them for Mother's Day or any kind of gift really- with these jars you can eliminate the painting (which I have done and they don't turn out like that!)

http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/diy-blue-mason-jars

I can't find anywhere that states how many of these jars will be produced- true value told me they have 21 left in their warehouse but another order is expected at the end of the month....I may have to get some more but I need to see if pre-tabbed wicks are tall enough for these jars- I am not into buying spools and parts to make them myself

Where do you find old fashioned zinc lids?

I use the 6" HTP 93 tabbed wick from Peak's, and it's long enough that I can use a clothes pin to hold the top. Instead of threading the wick through the spring on the clothes pin and clamping the end of it in the mouth of the clothes pin, I just stick it through the clampy part in front of the spring and it holds it tight, even when I pour the wax and twist the wick to tighten it.

Thanks for that link, I was looking for a glass paint that would give a nice result and that looks good.

Yikes! Only 21 left? Well, hopefully they only accepted a small order at first so they could see how the jars would sell.

There are a couple of suppliers that sell the old fashioned mason lids. I don't know whose are the prettiest though, because it's kind of hard to tell from the pics. I'll search the forum for the links...brb...

Fillmore Container and The Candle Maker's Store have them: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?108741-Primitive-Lids-Where-Do-you-Buy&highlight=vintage+lids

Search for "old fashioned" lid, "vintage" lid, and "primitive" lid or jar cap.

Edited by HorsescentS

Have y'all seen the huge Decorative Mason jar at Walmart? I believe it's $13.74. I must have stood there 5 minutes trying to figure out what I could use it for.

Here's what you can do with it: "Perfect Sweet Tea" from the blog, "Craving Comfort with the Homesteading Housewife"

Ingredients -

5 - 8 Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags)

( I prefer #1 Luzianne or #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)

1 Quart (4 Cups) - Boiling Water

3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water

1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar.

1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda (this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)

Directions -

1. Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher (I use a gallon-size Mason Jar but many people have voiced concerns about pouring boiling water into a glass container, so use whatever container you'd like)

Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda,

Pour Boiling water over tea bags,

Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.

~*~

2. Remove and toss out Tea Bags,

Add Sugar and Stir until completely dissolved.

Add Cool Water.

Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.

~*~

3. Serve over ice,

Take a nice long sip.

Swoon.

Repeat.

Her article is a good read and tells the story of where this "Perfect Sweet Tea" recipe with the "secret ingredient" came from: http://cravingcomfort.blogspot.com/2012/07/sweet-tea.html

I tried that tea...i do think the baking soda made a difference!

i picked up 2 cases of the jars at my true value. looks great with the rustic lids.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25955[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25956[/ATTACH]

Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting those pics! I love the rust one, and I'm usually not into rust, but it looks awesome on the blue jar. I was thinking of going with the zinc-look ones, but maybe I'll have to order rust ones too.

Edited by HorsescentS

Your Welcome!

I didn't have a zinc lid, but will have to order some now. I think all three would look good depending on what you do with the jar.

I want to do this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25958[/ATTACH]

from this tutorial:

http://thefrugalhomemaker.com/2012/10/01/mason-jar-soap-dispenser-31-days-of-pinterest-projects-pinned-to-done-day-1/

Oh, yes!!! I adore that idea! I've been wanting to try that for the longest! I've only seen it with a clear jar, but the blue one looks so much better!

I had to place an order at Fillmore and guess what I got? YUP! 4 cases of them! When I see them locally I will stock up on them! http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Heritage-Collection-Blue-Regular-Mouth-Ball-Pint-Jars-P5875.aspx?g=true

I love all of the idea's on here! The crumble's would be so cute! The brittle would look nice in them too! I love the soap/lotion dispenser too! I wonder what the pendulum light's would look like with them? I am thinking on that for my kitchen! ;)

I ordered 60 jars from our local Ace and she called me today that they were here. I get there and she said..oh are you the one who ordered 60 cases of jars? Wow what are you going to with so many jars? I bought fell over! Just wondering if anyone has already made candles with them and if they were selling good for you. Does anyone know how long they will be available? TIA

They ARE really nice! I love them!

Edited by samandkennasmom

For some reason I opened this thread. I switched from the mainstays pint jar to the status jar for my candles and NO ONE likes them, and I just decided to switch back. I have got to find these jars! Not sure who came up with the idea of crumbles but I LOVE IT!!!! I think because I already have a pretty steady crumble fan base I could really work this!!

For those of you asking how to make crumbles, it works best with a good hard paraffin wax, all the soy I've tried are too soft and the get the container all mucky. I pour my wax into a nice thick jelly roll pan that I have, wait for it to set up a little and then use a spatuala and chop it much the same way you do when you are Browning hamburger. I never made it yesterday to look for jars. I'm off to wake up my children and going to find these jars!! Wonder where I could find the little scoops?!?!

Scoops are here

http://m.chemistrystore.com/cart.cgi?group=102664&child=103322

I am testing right now with soy in this jar and for me I think being blue and limited I am going to add it to my "Michigan" line and call it something Michigan

Jarden told me they will run production until the end of the year- next year they will do a amber and then a purple will be coming the following year and you can order direct thru them but its a 500.00 minimum- and a flat shipping from 500-700 dollars of product - I am considering it- it would be about 80 some cases to meet the minimum at the wholesale price - but I need to see if people like the jar first...I love it and wish they would do the 8 ounce as well!

I'm not sure Jeannie, I used to make them all the time with M38 and the tart blend from tristate. I just got my first slab of 4625 and 4630, give me a day or so and I'll let you know!!

ETA.... I found these little metal scoops on ebay, not a bad price either. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380177598294&siteId=0&isClassified=false

Edited by FaithfulScenter

I'm not sure Jeannie, I used to make them all the time with M38 and the tart blend from tristate. I just got my first slab of 4625 and 4630, give me a day or so and I'll let you know!!

Great! TY much.

ETA.... I found these little metal scoops on ebay, not a bad price either. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...sified =false

Those would go perfect with the blue jars (imo). Tho' Chandler brings up a good point of how or what to use to get down into the jar. Unless the consumer would tip it to get the crumbles near the neck opening.

I could not make crumbles with my 50/50 blend of 4625/4630 that I use for melts. They would be clumpy.
Well, it just dawned on me I can take some of these many tarts waiting to be tested and try cutting some up.

Well, it did cut up nice but is a little bit sticky. Am going to let the crumbles sit out to see if they lose some of the tacky feel. It isn't too bad though. I have a pic but can't figure out how to get it on here.

Edited by jeanie353

insertimage.pngClick on this Icon after you hit reply & box comes up for you to write in.

Well, it just dawned on me I can take some of these many tarts waiting to be tested and try cutting some up.

Well, it did cut up nice but is a little bit sticky. Am going to let the crumbles sit out to see if they lose some of the tacky feel. It isn't too bad though. I have a pic but can't figure out how to get it on here.

Ive not made them in a while, but here is the link to the thread about crumbles I posted a while back. I'm hoping to get some made tomorrow, if I do I'll post pics. Now fingers crossed that Walmart has the jars!! We're headed out the door in just a few. I sure do wish we had an ace or Tru Value.

Forgot the link....:rolleyes2

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?106075-My-Crumbles&highlight=crumbles

Edited by FaithfulScenter