Jars for palm candles

I love Status jars for palm. If you have a DollarTree in your area you can try one out cheaply.

CONTAINER-0102700-M.jpg

My pal's suggestion is a good one. I would like to add; since it wasn't stated yet, that

"Glass-Glo" palm wax is my preferance for container palm wax.

I think too that, although they are small, "Feather" palm wax votives burned in heavy clear glass votive holders look nice too. You can light several and arrange them for a good display or burn them in multiple clear glass metal votive holders.

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Edited by emilyspoppy
Still asleep! Need coffee!

Thank you. I'm having some trouble trying to find the right jar. I read here somwhere that a jar for a good HT should be one that isn't straight do these give off good HT? The one I'm looking at is the libbey vibe jar and the interlube jar. These are going to be palm so what do ya think? Do you have any good idea bout wick's for palm?

I read here somwhere that a jar for a good HT should be one that isn't straight do these give off good HT?

That is a very interesting comment.

I wonder if it is true or not.

I always believed that the wider the mouth of the container, and a good melt pool was all you needed for good through.

I only use straight sided jars, jelly jars, tumblers, open bowls and I have great throw, sometimes down the hall and upstairs from my living room. Maybe if the jar is really fat with a very small opening the throw would be diminished, but I don't have issues with any of the jars I have used.

That is a very interesting comment.

I wonder if it is true or not.

I always believed that the wider the mouth of the container, and a good melt pool was all you needed for good through.

Yes, it's true. :grin2: I'm not saying you can't get a great HT from a straight-sided jar or tumbler, because you can; but when the jar has a curved shoulder on it, it does throw better due to the action of the air or "convection" currents in the top of the jar, or maybe also because the shoulder traps more heat and keeps the melt pool hotter.

I recently found this to be true also. Shoulders help! The vibe & interlude jars have shapes that are not straight, but they don't have shoulders. I also feel these 2 jars will be very hard to wick because of the shape. I have enough problems with straightsided! :rolleyes2

Quote:I'm not saying you can't get a great HT from a straight-sided jar or tumbler, because you can; but when the jar has a curved shoulder on it, it does throw better due to the action of the air or "convection" currents in the top of the jar, or maybe also because the shoulder traps more heat and keeps the melt pool hotter.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

• 2 weeks later...
Do most people want a lid w/these? I looked around and don't see the lid at $ store.

Thank you,

Suzan

There was a candle shop in my area that said those jars were her bestseller and also her fundraiser candle, and she didn't use lids she wrapped them in cello with a gold elastic bow on top. But, since she made several kinds of candles they could sniff the ones with lids.

That said, I personally wouldn't sell the Dollar Tree Status jar because it's not on anybody's approved list of candle-safe, so if the customer power burns it and it overheats and breaks and you get sued for fire damage, injury, or wrongful death, you'd be liable. I do use that jar to test in so I can have an idea of how to wick a 12 oz Status jar from a candle supplier before buying the more expensive jars.

Have you had any problems w/these jars? Do you just use them for testing or do you also sell them?

I looked up the $ on buying the lids for these and it will cost 2x's as much to have them shipped to me.

It stinks that I have no one near me that sell's any candle supplies so the shipping $ is crazy.

Thx,

Suzan

Have you had any problems w/these jars? Do you just use them for testing or do you also sell them?

I looked up the $ on buying the lids for these and it will cost 2x's as much to have them shipped to me.

It stinks that I have no one near me that sell's any candle supplies so the shipping $ is crazy.

Thx,

Suzan

I only use the Dollar Tree Status jars for myself, I don't sell them or even give them away because they're not certified candle-safe glassware.

I love the status jars for GG. They are beautiful to watch burn and very easy to wick.

Unlike many, I do not wick for a FMP in GG, preferring that it slightly tunnel and begin to weep wax into the tunnel starting at about the 1/4 - 1/3 mark. By the end of the candle all of the wax is consumed and the container remains cool enough to easily touch and move through the entire burn. Bonus that the wax shell glows for much longer.

The scent from a MP that amounts to slightly larger than a tea light fills the entire bedroom half of the house at 6% of most FO's.

I also love the look of libbey squares in GG, though they are a little more challenging to wick.