Any Just Scent Duds in here?

mulberrysoap

Hello, placing an order tomorrow with JS and here is my list. Can you let me know if any of these are not great throwers? I have searched and read lots of information but sometimes companies change their formula etc. I am using IGI 4794 tarts.

BEAR CLAWS BB

BLONDE MOMENT BB

ORANGE SHERBET BB

Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch

Carrot Cake Fragrance Oil

Caramel Cinnamon Latte Fragrance Oil

BUTTERCREAM CRUNCH BB

Cactus and Sea Salt Fragrance Oil

Apple Butter - Nanas Old Fashioned

Lemon Sugar Fragrance Oil Type

Red Mac Apple - NEW Fragrance Oil

Clean Cotton Fragrance Oil

Flip Flops Fragrance Oil

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar Fragrance Oil

Vanilla Bean NOEL New Fragrance Oil Type

Coconut Milk and Lavender Fragrance Oil

I am also placing an order with Peaks for FOs, I spent a fortune on liquid colours and waxes and forgot to add some fos!! Peaks didnt give me a fo sample like they have in the past which was disappointing.:embarasse

I liked a lot of what I tried at JS. In fact, I plan to order again soon. I will reorder some of what I got and then plan to add Blackberry Pie and VBN.

I did not order but a few of those you have listed.

I really like Nana's Apple Butter, Apple Butterscotch Cake, Banana Caramel Cupcake and Cinnamon Roll with Vanilla Cream Frosting. The Caramel Cinnamon Latte smelled like burnt popcorn to me.

I have just ordered from my 19th supplier. I have a giant spreadsheet of FO's. I am happy to share my comments on any others, including those from Peak if you ever want another opinion.

Thanks Jesuschick and Dolphin, I am going to take the plunge and go for it. Glad you like the carrot cake Dolphin :-)

Jesuschick, I do not know anyone with such a detailed list of suppliers, I can see myself having to compile such a list lol :-) I will bear in mind about the caramel cin, burnt popcorn is not cool lol

Thanks so much for the feedback!!

The spreadsheet is the only way I know how to compile. Otherwise, I could see myself ordering the same FO's over and over without remembering.

FO preference is subjective. There are a number of suppliers many here with business order from and I may choose never to order from them again and the reverse can be said as well.

Hope you find some that you LOVE!

The only one out of that list that I baught was Bear Claws less than a year ago but mine smells sweet. To my nose I smell more chocolate than anything else.

I never put it in wax yet though. The only scent that's chocolate that sells well for me is KYs Hot Chocolate so it sits in my cabinet with my other fos that are waiting to be tested out in wax.

Well now I'm curious and gona have to give it a test in wax.....soon

There are a few on your list mulberry that I would like to try and would love to know your results :)

BEAR CLAWS BB -- doesn't smell like Bear Claws ((too much chocolate)) -- get the one from ICS...drool!!

BLONDE MOMENT BB -- smells like sweet tart candy ... very good throw!

Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch -- it's been one of my best sellers for years!

Caramel Cinnamon Latte Fragrance Oil -- strong and delicious!!

Cactus and Sea Salt Fragrance Oil -- my new personal favorite - so clean and fresh!

Lemon Sugar Fragrance Oil Type -- this one is okay ... better suited for b&b

Red Mac Apple - NEW Fragrance Oil -- LOVE this oil!! One of the best apple scents I've ever used.

Flip Flops Fragrance Oil -- wasn't strong enough for my liking

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar Fragrance Oil -- another year 'round favorite!

Vanilla Bean NOEL New Fragrance Oil Type -- the absolute BEST vbn you'll ever find!!

Good to know I'm not going nuts lol I just sniffed my bottle of Bear Claws again and that's mainly what I smell....too much chocolate

It's not a bad smelling oil....smells good but like number2of7 said....too much chocolate and not like Bear Claws

I'm a fan of Vanilla and do want to get VBN and Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

The only Red Mac Apple I have ever used in wax is CS Mac Apple........would you say JS is better or stronger than CS version(if you ever used CS version?)

• 1 month later...

I may try Just Scents as the Peak's sample I got were not to my liking except one. Now I'm afraid to try anymore. Just starting to make soy jar candles to sell. What would you suggest I sample from Peak's?

I have been very pleased with most FO's from Aroma Haven that I sampled. Sometimes a little hard to distinguish what is different in a few of them even though they are definitely different. Amish Quilt is a favorite of mine. You?

Goldie

Oh don't shy away from Peaks. They have some real gems. I love french vanilla, french vanilla and amber, birds of paradise, blueberry muffin, warm apple pie, cinnamon buns, fruit slices, amish harvest, and red currant.

Eta:.forgot to add lemon pound cake and honeysuckle.

Edited by LeahRB

BEAR CLAWS IMO is weak - ICS is better

Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch I like

Carrot Cake I use NG

Cactus and Sea Salt l like

Apple Butter - Nanas Old Fashioned - weak NG has nice apple scent

Lemon Sugar Fragrance Oil Type

Red Mac Apple - I like CS Mac Apples better

Clean Cotton - NG

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar I got nice results

Vanilla Bean NOEL - Light I like NG MRS CLAUS better

Coconut Milk and Lavender Fragrance Oil - weak I like Peak better