BCN Rant

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go someplace else. There's too many fast shipping, great customer service suppliers to keep dealing with that kind of treatment.

I had used my card there 6 times so it wasn't brand new..and thanks for pointing out to me about the restocking fee..I wished I would of thought to mention that to them that why should I have to pay for that when it would of never even got pulled..I don't know if I should call them back tomorrow or just forget it and go somewhere else..

Last year I ordered on the same day from peaks and BCN , peaks came within about 3 days (perfectly packed, free sample and all correct) and BCN came in about 12 days (packed well and everything in order) at that point I was just glad the BCN order came at all. Lol. Both shipped to California.

I feel all your pain...I ordered 1lb of blueberry patch and tart labels Christmas day..the order has yet to be shipped!! Ugh!!

That is really terrible, terrible service and it can't even be blamed on the holiday busy season since by Christmas Day its over.

Since its a new week maybe they will ship for you today or early this week. Maybe they lost your order?

I DID! I apologize that I misspoke about it being an isolated incident. I was only trying to get across that I have not had any problems with them and if people are having problems maybe the owner (Rich) should be made aware.

Oh my gosh! I placed a order on the Dec 19. We have been in and out of town with Christmas. I figured I would not get it by Christmas because of their shipping not being very fast. I just called to check on it and was told there was a problem with my card and the order was cancelled and I'm being charged a 15% restocking fee. The girl who took my order was very nice and reread my card number back to me so I know that wasn't the problem, and it couldn't have been declined. I am so pissed..I spend a lot of money there, I asked to talk to her supervisor and she said she just did. UGH:angry2::angry2::angry2:

Hi, this is Flicker, I work for BC, something here isn't right.....and I want to make sure it is for you. Can you email me at techsupport@candlesupply.com with your info? I am sure we can get this all fixed up for you. Not sure why it was charged in that short a time anyway. But it will be fixed. :)

Flicker

I DID! I apologize that I misspoke about it being an isolated incident. I was only trying to get across that I have not had any problems with them and if people are having problems maybe the owner (Rich) should be made aware.

No apology necessary, but yes, it is NOT an isolated incident.

It is good that it has been addressed now as far as this particular incident goes. I hope that this is a step forward toward correcting future orders from good customers.

I went there for some white colorant (testing it soon, I'll probably post the results later) because candlewick stopped carrying the white in the EVO line. While I was at it, I went looking through their soaping molds, found a really cute butterfly tube from plastic. So I asked what the dimensions of the mold were, since it wasn't overly clear on the website. And asked if they had a cap that they used to seal off the end with. They emailed me back saying that CP was impossible in it, because it never firmed up enough to pull, and that MP soap was an issue as well. They never answered my question in the first place. Plus I wondered why they would ever carry a mold that was intended for soaping if you couldn't use it for soaping to begin with... Oh, and I later was told that the way to seal the mold was to stick it into a lump of non hardening modeling clay. Didn't seem overly sanitary.

Their shipping time and communication had a lot to be desired. No tracking numbers, no email to say it had shipped, nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to see the company close entirely within the next 5 years, unless they get stuff turned around.

There is no way you can seal the ends on those. A new piece of clay or a new piece of wax to push it into is what the mold manufacturer suggests. It is intended for melt and pour soaps. CP would be too soft to get out of it. We tried. You can get M&P out but cylinder molds are difficult to work with. If the end was sealed you would never get it out. There isn't an easy capping solution for them I am afraid. Sorry.

As for communication, you would be emailed a confirmation of the order, the confirmation of shipping and a confirmation of the order being charged if the info we have on file is correct. You can also always log into your account online and view your orders. It will let you know if it has shipped. This has never changed. I work there but I work at home and order often. My info has always been emailed and still is. It's automatically done by the system so be sure like I said the info on file is correct :)

I am sorry if our office did not get back to you with the mold size. If they do not get back to you on something like that it's possible it may have been deleted as spam. I check mine daily but I don't get nearly the email the main office emails get. If that happens email back. I am sure it was missed mistakenly. You can always direct any questions about our products to me directly as well at techsupport@candlesupply.com and I will be glad to help you out. I don't get over here often but it's sad to see things like this. Just let me know personally if you ever have any issues or problems, please. We want to make it right! :)

I had the same problem with BCN and I will never order from them again and i order alot from them. They lost a good customer! This was also in Dec.

If you can please email me at techsupport@candlesupply.com

Something sounds like it is very wrong and Rich and myself are very concerned about it. We want to get to the bottom if it and make it right for people but if we don't know there is a problem we can't fix it. Please let me know what happened and what was done at all to try and resolve it if anything. Please include your name and the order number if possible as well. Thanks! Again we want to make things right. We don't get over here often so had not seen this.

Thanks!

Flicker

Bitter Creek

I really hate to hear this. I've been buying from BCN for almost 10 years. Recently I had some trouble with one particular FO being changed from skin safe to not skin safe, but everything on the site said 'safe to use in soap'. As soon as I complained, they changed the verbiage on the website. Nothing like an apology was offered though - and that would have gone a long way. I ended up keeping the FO to use in candles.

For some reason, the woman who used to run BCN is no longer in the picture. She hasn't posted on the site in a year or so. Nobody who knows has said a word about her disappearance, as least as far as I can see. Things have surely gone down hill since Doneen left. Shame.

The info may have had tested in CP soap left? None of the oils have actually changed recently but the IFRA standards on them have been updated and those were loaded to the site last year sometime...summer maybe? Sadly some of the oils that were "skin safe" really were like 1-2% safe or less per IFRA stanadrds deeming them unsafe. Those would have been listed on the site. I wish that the info had not changed but that was out of our control. Some of them may have been added and the info like tested well in CP not removed. We had tested it. But the info above listing it as soap safe etc should have been changed when they did that change over. Was it not? I am really sorry about that. I had some oils that I personally used for soap have this happen as well. I was sad. One was Peppercorn. :(

As for Doneen, she left the company about two years ago. It was a hard choice for her but she has moved to another state, started a music store and is very happy. :) I do miss her tons though!

Flicker I was one who had a bad 1st experience awhile back with BCN. There's another thread on this forum about mishaps, poor CS & slow shipping from BCN. It completely turned me off from ordering again. Is it possible to fix the payment system? I prefer to enter my payment info at the time of the sale. That's one of the mix-ups that happened. Another issue is the shipping. Another member on the forum has paid a fee for expedited shipping. Does that mean everyone else's earlier order is put to the side while that box went out faster? I order from 2 suppliers that ship the day of the sale if I order before a certain time. Even 24 hours is acceptable to me, but my BCN order took days to pack & ship. I lived 2 states away.

I would love to try the FOs I've heard so much about, but not until the shipping is corrected at least.

Flicker I was one who had a bad 1st experience awhile back with BCN. There's another thread on this forum about mishaps, poor CS & slow shipping from BCN. It completely turned me off from ordering again. Is it possible to fix the payment system? I prefer to enter my payment info at the time of the sale. That's one of the mix-ups that happened. Another issue is the shipping. Another member on the forum has paid a fee for expedited shipping. Does that mean everyone else's earlier order is put to the side while that box went out faster? I order from 2 suppliers that ship the day of the sale if I order before a certain time. Even 24 hours is acceptable to me, but my BCN order took days to pack & ship. I lived 2 states away.

I would love to try the FOs I've heard so much about, but not until the shipping is corrected at least.

Normally during most of the year we ship within 48 hours. The worst I've ever seen and I've been there 12 years was 3 days to ship and that is during busy season. Give me a call tomorrow if you get a chance. I will be around 9-5 central time. As for the payment system I am not sure what you mean but Rich and I have talked today since I became aware of this and we want to get to the bottom of things and make them right. My number is (715) 209-4802 :)

Normally during most of the year we ship within 48 hours. The worst I've ever seen and I've been there 12 years was 3 days to ship and that is during busy season. Give me a call tomorrow if you get a chance. I will be around 9-5 central time. As for the payment system I am not sure what you mean but Rich and I have talked today since I became aware of this and we want to get to the bottom of things and make them right. My number is (715) 209-4802 :)

Flicker....thank you for trying to fix these issues at BCN. I am one who has paid a few times (it has been a couple years tho') to get my order "put to the front of the line" as the lady who answered the phone said. When I did that, it did ship the next day.

I have quite a few orders that have not processed for approx. 3 days, then ship the next, then get to me the next which is a week from a few hours away. I'm only down here in Brookfield, WI.

I'd be happy to copy/email over orders w/dates, email confirmation of delivery (when I got them) or anything else you may need to help fix the problem. Just need a few days to dig for those invoices.

I recently ordered the Perfect Pumpkin FO due to the rave reviews on the forum but prior to that I had pretty much stopped ordering due to the delayed processing/shipping. CS and Peak both get my orders to me before BCN when ordering the same day. I also could show you those invoices if you like...again I'd need a few days to get them.

I'd happily begin ordering again if these couple issues were fixed.

Guest OldGlory

Flicker, I did contact BCN about this issue a few times, and I had to put up quite a fight to get BCN to agree to letting me return the product. After lots of consideration, I decided to keep the FO to use in candles.

Yes, it was peppercorn, and when I placed my order the primary item listing for that FO on the BCN website still suggested it for CP soap, and there is/was a message forum on CP results (if I'm not mistaken, written by Rich a few years ago - but still available for anyone to see) on the results of testing Peppercorn at 3% and how strong/good it is/was. The wording on the item listing was changed within 24 hours of me contacting BCN, removing the wording that it was good in CP. I had ordered some 1 oz samples from the most recent 1 oz sale, and that 1 oz bottle still had a soap safe label on it, so I had no idea that the IFRA reclassified it. In my opinion, if you have a product for sale that has changed in a measurable and substantial way, it would be better to post a notice of change under the item listing. Something as simple as "Peppercorn is no longer skin safe according to IFRA standards."

The info may have had tested in CP soap left? None of the oils have actually changed recently but the IFRA standards on them have been updated and those were loaded to the site last year sometime...summer maybe? Sadly some of the oils that were "skin safe" really were like 1-2% safe or less per IFRA stanadrds deeming them unsafe. Those would have been listed on the site. I wish that the info had not changed but that was out of our control. Some of them may have been added and the info like tested well in CP not removed. We had tested it. But the info above listing it as soap safe etc should have been changed when they did that change over. Was it not? I am really sorry about that. I had some oils that I personally used for soap have this happen as well. I was sad. One was Peppercorn. :(

As for Doneen, she left the company about two years ago. It was a hard choice for her but she has moved to another state, started a music store and is very happy. :) I do miss her tons though!

Flicker, I did contact BCN about this issue a few times, and I had to put up quite a fight to get BCN to agree to letting me return the product. After lots of consideration, I decided to keep the FO to use in candles.

Yes, it was peppercorn, and when I placed my order the primary item listing for that FO on the BCN website still suggested it for CP soap, and there is/was a message forum on CP results (if I'm not mistaken, written by Rich a few years ago - but still available for anyone to see) on the results of testing Peppercorn at 3% and how strong/good it is/was. The wording on the item listing was changed within 24 hours of me contacting BCN, removing the wording that it was good in CP. I had ordered some 1 oz samples from the most recent 1 oz sale, and that 1 oz bottle still had a soap safe label on it, so I had no idea that the IFRA reclassified it. In my opinion, if you have a product for sale that has changed in a measurable and substantial way, it would be better to post a notice of change under the item listing. Something as simple as "Peppercorn is no longer skin safe according to IFRA standards."

The office gals did the change overs...and they got most of it but doing over 500 scents, their minds probably got a bit cloudy after looking at 50-60 a day. Not an excuse but at the same time understandable. I will personally look over all of the scents as I have time to determine if this has been the case. If you ever have issues like this again that don't seem to want to be resolved, PLEASE contact myself at techsupport@candlesupply.com directly. I am in daily contact with Rich and can get to the bottom of things very easily. We really want things to run smooth but there was a lot of turn over in the past year. Many of our long time employees retired and some moved. Feedback is vital to us in learning where things are going wrong.

Guest OldGlory

I posted something on the message board and you responded to my post:Posted 11/15/12 at 06:28 AMReply with quote #1 ME:I don't know what's going on with Peppercorn - perhaps I can get an answer here.

I've been buying BNL Peppercorn for years, using it in CP soap and candles with great success and I have a few 1 oz bottles left from a previous order. The website lists it as something you can use in quite a few bath and body preparations.

So I'm wondering why this 1 lb bottle that I received a few weeks ago says

"SAFE:CANDLES ONLY". Hope someone can let me know which bit of information is correct. And if it's no longer skin safe, I'll want to return it because the website says it is.

LJ

When it comes to giving love, the opportunities are endless, and we are all gifted.

Posted 11/15/12 at 09:41 AMReply with quote #2 FLICKER:A while back we got all the new updated information for all the fos to meet IFRA standards. Some of the oils that were skin safe under the old system are not under the new. IFRA has stricter guidelines for safety. That scent is less than 1% safe for any body care item thus technically making it not safe to use. I am not sure off hand if the one from the south smells like this but I think so, you may want to peek at the info on that site to see if it is safe? in this case, the oil did NOT change however the standards for safety have.

Posted 11/15/12 at 02:01 PMReply with quote #3 ME: same day 11/15I checked the website early this morning and it still said:

If you do soap, don't hesitate to add this is as a men's fragrance! If you do candles, it's great as a primitive type fragrance. Warm and sultry. Notes: Soaps well. Discolors to a medium tan. Soap temps 90-100F

Maybe those notes should be stricken from the commentary..

Posted 11/15/12 at 02:21 PMReply with quote #4 FLICKER: again, same day 11/15Those were placed in years ago when we bought Bubbles & Lights. At that time the standards were not the same and yes that was there. However, The IFRA information has changed. An office person put the info in and in most cases all the scents will need to be gone through, and at one point yes, that was the case. But the percentages that are safe have been listed for about six months and that is what you would need to look at to know what is safe. A lot of them changed significantly but the oils are the same. Just as I said the standards chagned.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered last week Thursday. On Friday they called about a shipping quote discrepancy. I had ordered along with other stuff a 10lb slab of wax and a box of jars. They didn't want to ship them together because they said the wax could break the jars. So instead of $21 shipping, they wanted to let me know that shipping would be $35 for two boxes. I said "no". Cancel the jars or ship them together. They put everything in one box and I received it yesterday and everything was in great condition. Shipping ended up being $25 tho because my order was over $100 and I got a case of blue tumblers free.

Thank you BCN for calling me! I would have been FURIOUS if they had charged me the extra shipping without asking first.

I give BCN two thumbs up. I have give credit where credit is due.

I've received a friendly "head's up" call or two from BCN also!

I appreciated it!

I've made a few obvious ordering mistakes from OTHER sellers, but I was shipped exactly what I asked for without question. Even though it was my own fault, I was still dissapointed with their CS or shipping dept.

Placing a sale code in the discount box vesus the comment section should be obvious to someone receiving an order too.

Some sellers have complicated check-out features and it can be a distraction which allows someone not to notice a small error in before they click that "submit" botton.

Since the error was mine, I'll decline to mention them, but I will state that Peak was not on that short list!

Go Peak!

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

i too have had a call fro BCN when I MADE THE MISTAKE - they called the next morning and problem resolved. would also like to add that i don't feel that i have ever waited overlong for my order to be shipped and arrive. no problems here-and i have ordered since Doneen left.

kris