BCN Rant

I am glad that you did not have to pay much more. You will find that the $2 is worth less aggravation. I usually only have to pay $2 or $3 more in shipping, and that is fine with me. I appreciate Flicker taking the time to help so many customers. I just honestly think it is a shame that Flicker has to keep getting to the bottom of things" and following up. WTH? Flicker would not have to do this if people were doing their jobs. I will pay a few extra dollars and order from BCS...

Yep, it really is worth it to me too. Out the door in 4 hours was a great surprise. BC at both sites have a lot to offer and if I see North consistently running good I'd use them again gladly.

Am excited to try Sissy's and make some foot balm. Also, tried their apple pie and cranberry that I haven't found a good one of yet. I have two more cranberries yet to test from reviews on the forum and have a feeling one of them will be a winner. TCS and Connie's.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear about Sissy's Sugar Cookie one you get it in wax-well any that you try, really!

I'll report when I do. It will be one of the blends that typically give good HT so I don't mess it up. I only ordered 1 ounce but that will get me a votive tester and tart to try both ways and some left over to test in a 2nd blend. I use about 4 grams for 2 ounces of wax so that ounce bottle will be stretched pretty far.

I use about 4 grams for 2 ounces of wax so that ounce bottle will be stretched pretty far.

I'm just wondering when you measure out your 4 grams do you use your regular scale, a gram scale or a pipette? The reason I ask is because I

do the same usually to make a sample clamshell. My problem is I use my regular scale but it always seems the scent is lighter when I make

the samples that when I make a regular batch. Thinking the grams were accurate at the low range, I didn't tare the pour pot on my scale before adding the

FO. Thought about using pipettes too, but I know that's really not accurate either. I think I need a gram scale!

My scale does weigh in grams, but I still have to round up because it doesn't weigh in tenths. I tare out the PP, add 2 oz wax, tare out wax, then add & weigh Fo.

Yep, we both need a good gram scale that weighs more accurately. Does yours weigh in tenths, Jeanie?

I hope I'm saying that correctly! If not someone explain how to say it, please!

Alrighty smartypants, go ahead with your fun! Yes I did, but didn't realize what it would look like.

Beth? Shut-Up!:grin2:

IwantItgreen let us know what type you buy, please. .1 grams is what I'm looking for? Didn't learn anything in school, & don't have the brain capacity to learn now.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

To be serious again! (Hard for me)

I use a 70 pound rated scale. It's got all of the nice bells and whistles of the fanciest scales, but it cost me less tha $30 shipped. I bought it on eBay.

Our shop is actually a boutique DBA "Betty's Boutique" we sell and sometimes buy gold and silver jewelry. I bought a jewelers scale for under $15 shipped also on eBay.

My big scale isn't accurate enough when working with small critical amounts, but the jewelers scale would do just fine.

JMO/HTH

Dave

Well, a couple of you know that I am also in the market for a new scale. I am specifically looking for one that uses AAA or AA batteries as opposed to watch/clock batteries. One of the ones that keeps getting placed in my cart is one that is geared toward measuring liquids. Now I had better check small increment capability although the simple one I have been using has increments which are fine for my use thus far. At work they give me a person to do my hard math. Thank goodness!