BCN Rant

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have noticed that they've been shipping a bit quicker.

My last two orders were around $1000 and $500 only a week or so apart. They were quite complicated and diverse and included all types and weights of items, including 100's of sampler FO's, glass bottles of dye and blocks of sale wax. Nothing was damaged or missing. The last order was shipped in one large box, which was well packaged. On both orders I felt the shipping charges were quite reasonable considering the distance they are from me.

I like most of the fragrances I buy there and I feel their FO's are generally a good value. You have to shop though, not all of their products are competative in price, IMO.

Many customers including me, have had to overcome difficulties with their shopping cart system, but once you learn how to "beat" it, it's a minor inconvenience.

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Well, I was pleasantly surprised today - I placed an order yesterday (hoping it might get here by next week) and I got a shipped confirmation from FedEx today saying I'll have it Thursday!! Yippie!! If they have fixed their issues with slow shipping, I for one will order more from them.

These new replies are encouraging. I need to order lip balm base and had been checking other suppliers' reviews to avoid the delay. I might just go ahead and order BCN now. Love, love, love making solid foot lotion in twist up tubes from that base as well as lip balm.

I want to order also! Wish they carried BCSs Sissys Sugar Cookie.

Would you say it is better than Sugar Cookie Royalle?

Might be worth the shipping if so. It shouldn't be too bad getting to your house but way up here its going to be a little higher.

I could justify by ordering more FOs to test along with it.

I need to order lip balm base and had been checking other suppliers' reviews to avoid the delay. I might just go ahead and order BCN now.

I get the exact same base at BCN's sister company- BCS. They have super customer service and very quick shipping.

I get the exact same base at BCN's sister company- BCS. They have super customer service and very quick shipping.

Oh, that is great to know. TY.

If they have Sissy's in stock, I would order my lip balm from BCS then at the same time.

ETA: It is in stock and they have quite a few new FOs including a Chai Tea I'm going to try to match up against another supplier or two.

Edited by jeanie353

Uh Oh contact Flicker. Her email & phone number are somewhere on this thread.

They make me upset too. I order the air freshener blanks from them and just ordered some bears. But they take forever to invoice me since I pay with Paypal. I ordered the same time as CS and NG and I just got my NG order. I'm still waiting on an invoice

They make me upset too. I order the air freshener blanks from them and just ordered some bears. But they take forever to invoice me since I pay with Paypal. I ordered the same time as CS and NG and I just got my NG order. I'm still waiting on an invoice

Oh no! That's not good that an order from OH got to you in PA before BCN got an invoice out. I used to stalk my inbox when using PP waiting for the invoice because if we don't click on it, it just sits there. Have always wondered why we just can't pay through PP at the same time we fill our cart and check out.

Can I chime in a here? Many of you guys said it was OK!

Jennifer, "Flicker" is a key staff member of BC, as you all know, and she is the "go to guru" with advice on their products or technical information.

The last time I spoke to her by phone, her "office" was at her home. That may have changed since; I don't know.

If I were having ordering or shipping problems, I would either open up an online chat with them, where most likely, Elya will reply or call the office and ask to speak with Amber, who is the office manager.

"Flicker" might be able to make things move better for you there, but I think she might be just adding another hurdle to climb over if it is an operational issue that you have.

I was going to post that I didn't think there was any incompetance or indifference on Jen's part that some of the FO descriptions hadn't changed when the Fed's changed the standards, but since I've never been to BC to see their operation, I didn't or still don't know exactly how their business is structured.

Pretty much I'm as dumb as a donut, but I wouldn't expect Jen to solve a shipping or ordering issue for me at BC.

I am sorry to hear that their shipping and invoicing is delayed again. There have been times when I was invoiced less than the quoted amount and since the invoice that I received by email was not itemized, I emailed and requested a copy that showed the items I was to expect. It made me quite happy to find I was getting everything I ordered and it was the shipping that was actually cheaper than the quote.

Two other things I've noticed;

1.) Due to being close to the end of the fiscal year, BC was not accepting PayPal payments. I had to pay by CC. I noticed that paying by CC speeded up the shipping, even at a busy period for them.

2.) I also noticed that when I stuck an item (closeouts) in my shopping cart it showed the item as "sold out" on their site. I hadn't even placed the order yet. I found this interesting.

As far as BCN VS. BCS, it's a bit annoying for me that, at least, their best selling fragrances are not available at both sites. I make most of my BC purchases through BCN, but I really like BCS' "Sissy's Sugar Cookie", "Citrus Splash" and "Pumpkin Cheesecake". I've always felt it would be in BC's best interest to open a warehouse closer to the East coast that at least stocked their hottest sellers, including the heaviest items, but that's not for me to say.

I hate paying shipping. I would rather let a good supplier have my money or better yet keep it in my pocket than to blow it on a "non-tangible" as shipping. When I buy from BCS, I try to get everything I will need for a year. When I mess up and run out, I go without!

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Can I chime in a here? Many of you guys said it was OK!

I'm only a member here but as far as I know you don't have to ask anyone to post on any thread. Post away :)

I'm all for saving shipping dollars myself unless I want a specific product I feel is better than others like a wax or certain FO. Today, it just happened to come up that a FO I wanted to try was available at the same BC that had the lip balm base I need so I ordered regardless of extra shipping costs.

After reading your post it got me thinking just how much extra I paid using South rather than North. I put the same amount of FO samples in my cart along with the lip balm and UPS shipping came to just under $2 more. I was surprised and happy with that.

I'm not sure if Flicker is the "go-to" person or not. Someone else may chime in on that. She has replied on the forum to our concerns. From the shipping time reported on some of the very recent posts it seems things may be beginning to improve. And she got those charges reversed as posted above. So if she isn't the go-to person, at the very least she is helpful in addressing our concerns.

Jeanie;

Unless you'd rather not say, I was wondering if you were the same Jeanie from the BC board even though the avatars are not the same, you write in the same style.

I'm an old soldier on that board, but I failed to realize that I'm just a "boot" on this board and don't know my way around here as much as I thought I should.

One of the first "faces" I recognized here was "Flickers". I even posted one of my first posts on CS that I recognized her behind her Foster Grants! I already saw that she was known to this board as a member of the BC staff, so I wasn't implying she was some sort of spy or something.

I like Jennifer and feel she is a vary talented chandler and B&B producer. I have even been considering buying some of her wholesale products to sell in our shop.

The reason, I posted that I felt she was really not the "appropriate" person to contact for a shipping issue is mentioned in my other post.

As soon as I hit the submit button and read the other posts which had arrived as quickly as in a chat room, I realized I fouled up again.

If Jennifer doesn't feel she is the right "go to guru" for any issue at BC it's her right and place to say so and not mine.

Maybe being the link between this board and BC is her job and or enjoyable chore.

It's not for me to say.

I think I'll take a break from posting for awhile.

I'm feeling very off-balance here for some reason.

On the BC board any posting was appreciated, because they had become so infrequent. I don't see any need for a 'chatty joker" like me here.

SHHH!

I'll be "lurking" though.

It's like a blizzard right now here in beauiful Southern Maryland.

Having the flu, during a blizzard and knowing your shop will be closed for the week, can make anybody feel a bit "off balance", I guess.

Take care all!

Dave

Unless you'd rather not say, I was wondering if you were the same Jeanie from the BC board even though the avatars are not the same, you write in the same style.
Oh no, its totally fine. I am a member at BCN but I rarely go there and if I have posted it would be maybe 1-2 posts total. This is the only forum I am active on. I also am on CC but don't post there either except rarely.

I'm really lost on who is who at BCN or any of the other suppliers. If I call in, its to place an order and I'm off the phone. I only know of Flicker because she is on this forum. It sounds like I've missed some valuable insight on chandler and B&B wisdom with Jennifer.

I couldn't begin to count the times I've posted something and then realized other posts came along while I was putting mine together. Sometimes saying the same thing, other times saying the opposite, or something somewhere in between.

Hopefully, you'll feel more on-balance here when you are feeling better. A blizzard doesn't help matters and worse yet a closed shop for a week. :(

Edited by jeanie353

After reading your post it got me thinking just how much extra I paid using South rather than North. I put the same amount of FO samples in my cart along with the lip balm and UPS shipping came to just under $2 more. I was surprised and happy with that.

I am glad that you did not have to pay much more. You will find that the $2 is worth less aggravation. I usually only have to pay $2 or $3 more in shipping, and that is fine with me. I appreciate Flicker taking the time to help so many customers. I just honestly think it is a shame that Flicker has to keep getting to the bottom of things" and following up. WTH? Flicker would not have to do this if people were doing their jobs. I will pay a few extra dollars and order from BCS...

Edited by Noodle