Extra Christmas Candles

Actually I do all the above. Since I don't name them with holiday specific names I won't start putting the holiday aromas on special until the end of the season (March). Some of the ones that are considered Christmas-y (Mistletoe, Mulberry, Gincerbread) I actually keep in stock because it sells year round. In April I'll keep what I like and know I can use up and let friends & family opt for what they want. The rest of the wax products goes into storage and I'll start off next winter season with a sale to get rid of them. Remember - wax doesn't spoil so it depends on how much storage space you have. The room sprays should also hold over if you used the right preservative ... if not I'd get rid of them quickly. HTH

I've read threads about this before but how does the pure soy hold up for you all? For me some scents do better than others but usually keeping them boxed up works very well.

I've only had 415 stored for any length of time. They held up great for me. One I'd forgotten about for several years. It had great HT and burned perfect.

Edited by jeanie353

I've only had 415 stored for any length of time. They held up great for me. One I'd forgotten about for several years. It had great HT and burned perfect.

I usually read that soy candles get stronger over time, but there's a recent thread about 464 candles losing their scent when stored for long periods of time.

My left over candles I have always boxed up and stored in the closet in my spare bedroom at home, along with the fragrance oils. The melts on the other hand I put on sale. The main reason is they are so strong that I can't stand to be around them. I know that sounds bad but all the scents mixed together in the closet make me sick to my stomach everytime I go in that room. I do pull out the ones that I will burn myself or family and friends.

maybe I should try the polypro bag. Can you smell them when they are in a box double bagged like that? I really can't take the tarts for very long.

My gb415 candles/tarts hold up great. Never had a problem in all these years. The tarts are packaged in polypro bags then in a regular zip lock bag & stored in a box for next year.

I usually read that soy candles get stronger over time, but there's a recent thread about 464 candles losing their scent when stored for long periods of time.

I remember reading that. Isn't it odd how that happens with some waxes and some not. Or maybe its the FO?