I Never Knew Firestarters Sold So Good

Dolphin146

All I can say is WOW I never knew firestarters sold so good. I started making them this year for winter. Everyone out here seems to own a fireplace or firepit. Well I have a space in a shop so I made about 100 for that. My husbands dad just ordered 30 of them for himself. Another person I know bought 10 off me last week. Now my husbands boss is going to give them as gifts to all his customers. So he ordered 150 of them. Plus I have to keep replacing the stock I have at the shop I'm in. I guess I will be making lots more YAY for firestarters. :yay:

I may have to start selling these! I have been making them for a while, but only for personal use. I have so much wax to use up though, I need to make some and start selling! How much are you charging? I fill a small Dixie cup with cedar pet bedding and put the wax in on top of it. Would 12/$5 be too cheap?

Same here.....I fill a cupcake paper with potpourri, pinecones and whatever wax I have handy and add some glittler to the tops, sell for 1.00 each or 4 for 3.00 and everyone with a fireplace, woodstove, or firepit love them. I also love making them :)

Yes, they sure do! I make them from some BAD wax I got from Lonestar years ago. I have about 4 cases. I use those paper portion cups, put in some

sawdust and a wick portion that was trimmed off when I made candles, add some color and they sell like crazy! They sold real well for me when I put them into

those bakery bags.

post-215-139458506217_thumb.jpgIf you need wicks, I have a bunch of cut ones I could send. The wicks are free Just pay shipping.

This is a picture I copied to show what Fire starters look like. The ones I make are in smaller cup cake foils, wax, scented with extra spice FO, red color, potpourri and cedar bedding.

Edited by Sharon in KY

Very nice Sharon!! Love the red color :)

I use 2 wicks in mine. You think that may be overkill?

I have tons of wicks that I don't use for candles and cut them all up just for firestarters. Otherwise they would be sitting around collecting dust.

There are quite a few pics posted on the board too if you search for firestarters. :) Sharon's are awesome! I would love some wicks in you can spare them! I may not use them in mine but it would be good to test. My boyfriend said he always needs firestarters so he's going to be my tester. The only thing I need to go get is the pet bedding stuff. I am going to try them this weekend I think!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25415[/ATTACH]

This is a picture I copied to show what Fire starters look like. The ones I make are in smaller cup cake foils, wax, scented with extra spice FO, red color, potpourri and cedar bedding.

This is not a picture of mine although mine are similar. Just one I copied to keep to show. And 1 wick is enough. You don't need the pet bedding either if you have Potpourri use it just for testing.