Cyclomethicone

pamperme

need some more info on this..

If you use this alone with just FO for perfume..is it silky or oily?

Have any of you used it this way or do you dilute it with something..I am not looking for a body spray..more of a roll on type stronger perfume. :confused:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Cyclomethicone. :)

It makes a really silky perfume body spray. I use with straight FO and my customers love it. It glides into the skin and leaves a nice scent. It really feels like a nice dry oil spray.

Never tried it in perfume roll ons.

OK....that is what I was looking for a dry oil spray..or a roll on silky perfume..

Thanks all! ;)

I LOVE Cyclomethicone. :)

It makes a really silky perfume body spray. I use with straight FO and my customers love it. It glides into the skin and leaves a nice scent. It really feels like a nice dry oil spray.

Never tried it in perfume roll ons.

I thought I would like it. I once had a bottle of perfume that was made with cyclomethicone and I just loved it. It was called either "Red" and the bottle said it was an oil mist perfume. It was my favorite. Maybe its the cyclomethicone I bought? :confused:

Thank you, Cindy, No problem Rochell: Do you find this mix more economical than straight Cyclo.? I tossed the idea around of trying the cycl./FO for body spray, but couldn't come up w/ a cost price for ME that would make it worthwhile to sell. If peeps can buy Body spray at BBW for $9 / 8oz, i don't know if i can compete w/ that. folks that I sell to around here are too cheap!! :rolleyes:

Meredith: Did you not like the cyclo. when you tried it??

I also do the cyclo with ako, people love it. I never had people say that its too oily, but I never give them a cahnce to say so, before I/they spray some on I tell them that it has AKO and the qualities of AKO and how it has no alcohol, which is good since some people with sensitive skin can't do the alcohol in body spray.

I spray it over my clothes and it hasn't yet to stain anything, I do warn them to test on exotic fabrics first though.

Also, today in walmart I saw a body spray called something like "dry oil spray" with AKO that used IPM instead of cyclo. I sprayed some on and it felt just like the cyclo.

I thought I would like it. I once had a bottle of perfume that was made with cyclomethicone and I just loved it. It was called either "Red" and the bottle said it was an oil mist perfume. It was my favorite. Maybe its the cyclomethicone I bought? :confused:

Could be, hon. ;)

I absolutely LOVE LOVE this stuff. Where did u get yours from?

I bought it from BC. I'm always happy with my purchases from there and everyone raves about the cyclo. :confused: I was just really surprised that I didn't like it at all. Maybe I'll try TDF if they still carry it. Or try it with AKO since I think I have some. I get to experiment some more and I just love experimenting. :):cool:

I bought it from BC. I'm always happy with my purchases from there and everyone raves about the cyclo. :confused: I was just really surprised that I didn't like it at all. Maybe I'll try TDF if they still carry it. Or try it with AKO since I think I have some. I get to experiment some more and I just love experimenting. :):cool:

I never tried it with the AKO. I'll have to experiment myself.

Check your PM's hon.

Here is what I found on one site about Fractionated Coconut Oil

This mixture is an esterification of coconut oil fatty acids and glycerin. You can make soap with this dry, silky feeling oil, as well as making lotions, dry oil sprays, lip balm, scrubs or any other product you use fixed oils. I have liked the dry oil sprays made with FO and this oil or you can mix cyclo with this. This was found at http://www.thesage.com/catalog/FixedOil.html scroll down to Coconut Oil Fractions to find it. You may can find this oil at other suppliers too.

Here is some more info I found about cyclo:

Cyclomethicone can be used in a variety of ways. This clear liquid is a silicone with absolutely no odor, unlike alcohol based body sprays! It mixes with FO’s or EO’s beautifully with no clouding or separation! It has a silky smooth feel and is dry, not greasy. It is commonly used in personal care products such as lotions, creams, deodorants, conditioners, make-up, hair sprays, etc. Can safely be used in PET or HDPE plastic bottles. PVC is not recommended. Small bottles with fine mist sprayers are recommended (this product goes a long way and a small bottle will last awhile!). This stuff is truly amazing, once you try it you’ll be hooked!

Dry Oil Body Spray/Perfume: Mix in FO or EO at any dilution depending on desired strength and recommended usage levels of FO or EO. Common dilution rates are 1 part FO/6 parts cyclo up to 1 part FO/3 parts cyclo.

After Bath/Shower Body Oil: Mix in concentrations up to 50/50 with your favorite vegetable or botanical oil (I use soybean oil) and add FO or EO to desired strength. Spray on the skin after you shower while skin is still wet, then towel dry. Leaves your skin feeling so silky smooth yet not greasy at all! (Similar to Neutrogena Rain Bath Dry Oil Spray).

Linen/Pillow Spray & Room Spray: Mix the same way you do for a body spray! Won’t leave linens wet and doesn’t stain! (test on white linen to make sure the FO doesn’t stain tho!)

Hair: Use on hair as a detangler & defrizzing agent (spray on wet hair). Spray on dry hair as a shine serum! Or add to hair conditioners to impart more “slip” & detangling properties!

Lotion: Add to lotions, creams, body butters and lotion bars to give a silky feeling (add up to 1% to pre-made lotion base, or 5% or more to lotion made from scratch).

Bath Oils, Salts & Scrubs: Add to bath oils or scrubs for a silky less greasy feel. Use in place of glycerin in bath salts to impart a silky feel and give salts a nice sheen!

Insect Repellent Spray: Just add your favorite blend of bug repellant EO’s such as Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Citronella, Cedarwood, Catnip, Tea Tree, Lavender, etc. No nasty chemical smell like you get in commercial insect repellents!

Remember to properly label your products per FDA instructions listing all ingredients by their INCI names in order of predominance (in order of most to least in the formula). INCI name for Cyclomethicone is… Cyclomethicone

Candle Man

Ok, now I know what AKO is...I just need Erika to tell me what the heck IPM is??? :confused:

Isopropyl Myristate: (IPM)

INCI: Isopropyl Myristate

Saponification Value: 208 mg KOH / g of Fat

This additive is used to reduce the greasy feeling in lotions and creams. IPM can also be used in lip balms and lotion bars. In lotions this product is considered a dry effect emollient to the skin. This product can be used up to 10%. Here are some beginning recommendations for your products:

Lotions: 1 to 3%

Creams: 3 to 6%

Butters & Lotion Bars: 4-10%

Massage Oils: 4-8%

Lip Balm:1-5%