Cyclomethicone

pamperme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
What kinds of prices do you get for a 4oz bottle of the cyclo body spray?

I'm going to go with straight cyclo & fo, but I'm just curious what people will pay for it? $5-6 is that too little? This stuff feels incredible.

Not all FO's will mix with just Cyclo, if they don't then reduce the amount of Cyclo and add FCO, this helps stubborn FO's mix and stay clear.

I sell a 4oz body spray for $6.00

I sell the cyclo + FO in the little 8ml spray tubes from Qosmedix. I sell them for $10 each. $6 for a 4oz bottle seems very underpriced to me but I guess a lot depends on your customers, your location, presentation, marketing angle, etc...

On your body sprays do you use the ratio that was in the information you posted or another ratio? I have some cyclo and FCO coming in today and I can't wait to make this. I've had people at work asking for an after shower spray and I think this will just fit the bill.

The Fedex guy just dropped off my Cyclo I rubbed a little of it on my arm and I LOVE IT!!! It feels soooooooooo silky smooth. For those of you that use the straight cyclo do you charge more for the 4 ounce bottle or with the FCO would it still be considered a dry body spray?

I am going to take a sample bottle to work and just wonder which way would be best to present it to them.

The Fedex guy just dropped off my Cyclo I rubbed a little of it on my arm and I LOVE IT!!! It feels soooooooooo silky smooth. For those of you that use the straight cyclo do you charge more for the 4 ounce bottle or with the FCO would it still be considered a dry body spray?

I am going to take a sample bottle to work and just wonder which way would be best to present it to them.

Yes it is still a dry body spray because FCO is a dry oil. Try a little FCO on your skin, you will see it is a dry oil.

As I stated above FCO is great to add for those stubborn FO's that wont blend with just cyclo. I don't just use the FCO for stubborn FO's I use it in all my body sprays.

i love cyclo. can bearly keep it in stock. i orginially used the 70/30 formula, but found it to be too oily for my taste. so i now add one capful of AKO to 4 oz of cylco and fragrance to taste. HTH

Crafty, what does the AKO add to the product at this level? Does it make it nicer somehow?

No what is Silkbase?

Liquid SilkBase (1 lb.)

$6.75 pixel_trans.gifOur Liquid SilkBase is the perfect solution for the crafter that demands more control over their finished products. This formula is a silicone based compound that has been used by the larger cosmetic companies and now you too can use it to make a variety of products: Linen Sprays, Perfumes & Colognes, Body Sprays, Room Fresheners as an additive to your Lotions, Creams, Body Products for added silkiness.

Are you looking for an alternative to alcohol to make perfumes, colognes, eau du toilettes? Look no further...as it dries faster than alcohol and leaves a silky smooth texture on your skin. It is clear, odorless and safe for direct body wear.

Ingredients: Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane.

from saveonscents.com

Liquid SilkBase (1 lb.)

$6.75 pixel_trans.gifOur Liquid SilkBase is the perfect solution for the crafter that demands more control over their finished products. This formula is a silicone based compound that has been used by the larger cosmetic companies and now you too can use it to make a variety of products: Linen Sprays, Perfumes & Colognes, Body Sprays, Room Fresheners as an additive to your Lotions, Creams, Body Products for added silkiness.

Are you looking for an alternative to alcohol to make perfumes, colognes, eau du toilettes? Look no further...as it dries faster than alcohol and leaves a silky smooth texture on your skin. It is clear, odorless and safe for direct body wear.

Ingredients: Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane.

from saveonscents.com

That is Cyclo they just call it Liquid Silk Base. I looked it up, that ingredent name is the cemical name for Cyclomethicone the INCI name is Cyclomethicone. This is from that site INCI Name: Cyclomethicone (Cyclopentasiloxane & Cyclohexasiloxane)http://www.clearcoproducts.com/cyclomethicones.html

I did find there are different types of silicones (cyclomethicones) and different grades.

There Liquid Silk @ $6.75 per Lb ="s $47.25 per gallon. You can get Cyclo @ BCS & BCN for $40.25 per gallon or $5.75 per LB by the gallon.

Yep, thats the one. But I wonder however if the different grades are the reason why some oils dissolve in some, and others dont. What price would you offer an 8 ounce for? I am still working on my pricing and such.

I sell my 8oz Body Spray for $10.00. I order at least 200 LB's at a time of cyclo, that way I get the UPS hundered weight discount, so I save on shipping and my end cost for the cyclo is cheaper.

I'm sure, for this quality of body spray, you could get $12.00 or more for an 8oz size.

Thanks for that info. I was thinking of pricing it at $12.99. Where do you get 200 pounds from?

I buy mine by the gallon I just order 200 LB's or more to get UPS hundred weight shipping (UPS shipping over 200 LB's is cheaper) that way I get cheaper shipping.

Don't know what you all decided about the quality of different vendors (too much reading in 5 pages! LOL) but the Bittercreeks (N & S) will have their cyclo gallons on sale at the end of the month:

Cyclomethicone Sale! ~July 30 - August 5th~

Only $34.00 per 7 lb jug! (regular price $40.25)

*You must enter the code "CYCLO34" in the coupon code box when you order to receive this special!