Craft show displays

scifichik

What is everyone using for displays for clamshells at shows? We've just moved into that arena and need a shove in the right direction, please.

I'm thinking table-top spinners or something multi-tiered. My sister thinks just put samplers out on the table and have crates of alphabetized clams under the table, hidden by table skirt, and get the customer whatever they want which also sounds good.

I was just looking at those before I checked back into the post activity!

Do they spin well without being "tipsy?" Can you use standard pegs (like the type you buy at the hardware store), and how heavy is it to transport?

They aren't heavy at all. The base spins really nice, and I don't find it tipsy at all. I use the metal hooks for mine. http://www.azardisplays.com/productcart/pc/4-All-Wire-Hook-p1364.htm And they're two sided so you can put 12 clamshells on each side. The 4" hooks I can get at least 3 clamshells per hook.

I just posted this picture in another thread but I'll post here so you see it. We used to use spinner racks but loading and unloading them is time consuming. Although they are not far apart in this picture many times we set a rack on each side of the warmers. This allows more space for shoppers. We sort our scents by type in alphabetical order by scent. We keep the bakery on one rack and the fruity and fresh & clean on another rack. Once I know what the customer is looking for I direct them to the right rack. My DH made these racks and they are nothing special but they work great for displaying the clamshells and have really cut down our setup time. These are the containers we store the clamshells in so I always have the majority of my inventory with me. As scents sell I do rearrange the clamshells to keep them standing. The top line of our labels is the scent name and it's visible in the tote. After the show is over we put the lids on the containers fold the rack flat (double hinges) load the rack and the plastic totes on the cart and haul them to the car. We're working on a similar rack system for the candles but it's still in proto type mode. HTH

post-11507-139458504796_thumb.jpg

JBN you can make them easily enough. I'll get the dimensions off one of us and post some more pics this afternoon in a new thread. Ours are a little too tall. We originally had the top tote higher and although I could see it just fine most women couldn't. National average height for women in the US is 5' 4" and I'm 5' 8". So DH moved all the totes down and is going to shorten the height of the racks this week.

JBN you can make them easily enough. I'll get the dimensions off one of us and post some more pics this afternoon in a new thread. Ours are a little too tall. We originally had the top tote higher and although I could see it just fine most women couldn't. National average height for women in the US is 5' 4" and I'm 5' 8". So DH moved all the totes down and is going to shorten the height of the racks this week.

That would be great! My DH is very good with wood, and I would way rather have something like this than filling hooks!!

I used these racks:

http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12690-850-spinner-rack-4-tier-wire-63-12h-60108.aspx

I loved them because they were cheap and durable. The other thing I liked about this model was that when I did small shows that I only had 1 table sized space I could use just one pole and use it as a table top rack. I was able to store them in oversized reusable shopping bags I bought at TJ Maxx. I loved it because I could hang them on a hook on the wall up & out of the way until I needed them and could throw the bag over my shoulder to carry while holding something else.

I used these racks:

http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12690-850-spinner-rack-4-tier-wire-63-12h-60108.aspx

I loved them because they were cheap and durable. The other thing I liked about this model was that when I did small shows that I only had 1 table sized space I could use just one pole and use it as a table top rack. I was able to store them in oversized reusable shopping bags I bought at TJ Maxx. I loved it because I could hang them on a hook on the wall up & out of the way until I needed them and could throw the bag over my shoulder to carry while holding something else.

I've used this same rack for the last three years; sometimes on a tabletop with one pole, and for larger shows both poles. When I use the two poles to make a taller stand, I put two "tv" trays on either side, to keep people from tripping on the feet, and also to hold some extra melts.

We do not use racks for our melts. We have found that sitting them right out on our table allows everyone to see them and allows us to encourage people to smell them. It also allows us to easily discuss scents, wax, melters and to up sell. When they are on the table, we find we build great repoire with our customers.