buttery toffee

PeggyK

No one's replied PeggyK. I wish I had an answer for ya! I'd like a good buttery-caramel candy scent too. Butterscotch is close but will have the rum notes. There are a few toffee scents but they're usually paired with coffee or nut scents. The best thing I can suggest it to find a good caramel fragrance and add the butter notes either with a drop or two of buttered popcorn or a good amount of buttercream fragrance. Though I really doubt it will smell accurate. Sry.

Edited by rctfavr3

Honey I Washed the Kids is in the neighborhood but I have a Toffee from Tennessee Candle Supply that is close. Couldn't sell it. I think some fragrances are just too singular as to interpretation or expectation. What smells like toffe to me may not smell like toffee to you. Everybody recognizes coffee, orange ect. kwim? So you get mostly buttery, brown sugar, vanilla or generic notes. I don't think Werthers. I think Heath bars/chocolate.

Steve

Hey PeggyK, where you able to hit on anything?

I'm thinking a 60/30/10 ratio of caramel:buttercream:buttered popcorn,

but that still might be too high on the butter notes. Worth a shot. I'd try it if I had a straight Caramel FO.

Edited by rctfavr3

Well, the other day I did a Q Tip test of several FOs suggested by rctfavr3 (including MW's Sugar Cookie Royale) and it smelled awesome in the jar. Made a candle from it and the cold throw is nada. Will burn it over the weekend to see if anything good comes from it.

But I do have to order from Candle Source soon, so I will check into that ButterScotch Candies.

If nothing ends up working, I will just make my toffee be a coffee based scent.

Thanks everyone!