Open house

mzphee

I'm so excited! I just got a call from a lady I met at a craft show I did a few weeks ago, and she invited me to set up at her open house with 7 other vendors. She purchased my melts and was so impressed with them. And Guess who I'm replacing? You guess it right Scentsy!!! I'm so excited, I've never done an open house before any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest OldGlory

Craft shows offer more than a resource of direct revenue! The more people who are exposed to your products, the more you'll sell. Congratulations and good luck!

Super great! Try to talk to everyone and show off your handmade and personal take on the sale; people like to have their pocketbooks stroked, and your claims can be legit! Good luck. Put a business card in every hand you touch, and don't be afraid to reach out and shake hands...it's still good form.

Congrats!!!! That is soooo great! Even sounds like you will have advantage over the others considering your craft is handmade, local and you can bring plenty of stock. People love to have product in their hands as they walk out the door. Def have to let us know how it goes and this gianormous house!

I hope I didn't come off as unexcited, I'm just a skeptical person sometimes, and I was sitting here thinking that 7 vendors at a HOUSE could go either way, good or bad... and .. honestly, for a while I was thinking " is that woman truly serious about this and really is going to invited all those vendors to her home... please don't let mzphee be taken advantage of ! "

But as the other said, it sounds like a really good chance for you to network and expose you and your product to a lot of people who are specifically coming to spend money.

Have you thought about doing home parties yourself? Mentioning to others that you are available if they'd like to have you throw a home party at their house? If you have the time that is LOL. Sounds like you're doing extremely well this season and THAT is a GREAT thing !

@ironrose yep I have square and its Nov 11, @ sue yes standing in the elements dis pay off lol.....@ BTA Aw you sound like a concerned Auntie. Lol thank you I have thought about home parties and I hope this will give me a little practice.....I try to give people the benefit of the doubt BTA, but for her sake she better not try to take advantage of me...lmbo Lord please don't let her lol

Edited by mzphee

I used to sell at a home party..Seven vendors is just so little..My niece hosted an open house sale for 3 days on a long weekend..There were 20 vendors or more!

She used the entire main floor, except for their personal bedroom. It was wall to wall crafts. It was set up as a store..People were lined up down the road to be the first to purchase unique handmade gifts..She also had the customer sign up on list to be invited next year...Customers that were on the list were sent a special invitation to the show an early invite, usually Friday night. Saturday and Sunday was then open to the public..There was lots of money made hand over fist...

Hugs Maggie

Well, there ya go !!! Maggie, I'd just never heard of someone doing that, but , I guess it's a lot more common than I though huh? LOL

Hey, if it works, that is amazing.. kinda sounds like a "mini craft show" with a dedicated audience! Can't beat that !

Yes it was a mini craft-fair, the kitchen was used to sell homemade goodies, fudge, etc..My niece made home made cinnabuns and she cooked them during the sale, her BUNS rotflmao were flying out the door. Who could resist just freshly baked BUNS..NUMs

I want to host a sale like that one year too, but I live way out of town..It would have to be before the snow flies though..

I THINK this is a great opportunity to SELL SELL SELL!!!! at a home show!!!

Mzphee,

You really should consider an open house yourself after or maybe you'll pick up a lead to have them host one. It would be great. Wish I'd done them sooner. This Nov 11th event sounds exciting.

I'm so excited! I just got a call from a lady I met at a craft show I did a few weeks ago, and she invited me to set up at her open house with 7 other vendors. She purchased my melts and was so impressed with them. And Guess who I'm replacing? You guess it right Scentsy!!! I'm so excited, I've never done an open house before any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AWESOME!!! Good for you!!! It sounds like it would be such a fun, great place to be with a bunch of fun people!! Please keep us posted!! Sounds like it will be a hoot!!:cheesy2:

You will enjoy this. I've been to a few at our local winery. She has these events several times a year. I'm a miche' bag ho. She usually has about 10 other ladies there including tastefully simple, miche, a girl who does clothes called rack and roll, she has jewerly gals, all sorts of stuff. It's fun...and I always buy too!

Have a GREAT time!

You will enjoy this. I've been to a few at our local winery. She has these events several times a year. I'm a miche' bag ho. She usually has about 10 other ladies there including tastefully simple, miche, a girl who does clothes called rack and roll, she has jewerly gals, all sorts of stuff. It's fun...and I always buy too!

Have a GREAT time!

im really excited about this.....there will be a miche rep, tastfully simple,tupperware, pampered chef, i cant think of the other two and myself. this is the first one so we all are inviting 20 or so guest each. her plan is to build this team to do this a few times a year.