Help!! I'm a dead woman!!

One thing I did not take into consideration when I moved my workspace to my bedroom, was the carpet. The new carpet. The carpet that was just replaced 7 months ago when the lower level of our house flooded. Well, DH is out hunting, so I'm just pouring away in here, not paying attention to how full my little punkin mold is getting, and now there is wax in my new carpet!! He is going to kill me!! Does anyone know how to get it out???

One thing I did not take into consideration when I moved my workspace to my bedroom, was the carpet. The new carpet. The carpet that was just replaced 7 months ago when the lower level of our house flooded. Well, DH is out hunting, so I'm just pouring away in here, not paying attention to how full my little punkin mold is getting, and now there is wax in my new carpet!! He is going to kill me!! Does anyone know how to get it out???

If it's soy it will wash up with soap and water. If it's paraffin you have to lay a cloth or newspaper or paper towel over it and keep ironing with an iron and replacing with clean cloths until it's all soaked up. Someone who's done it before can explain it better.

Well I got it, for the most part. As long as he doesn't get down on his hands and knees and look between the carpet fibers(Haha), he'll never notice!! I'm pricing some plastic desk mat thingys, that would be perfect! And Darbla, I'm not really sure to be honest!! Usually I pour early in the day, while the boys are in school, and by bedtime the scent has found its way out. It helps that the air/heat return is right next to my table, it all gets sucked right out!!

I have a bunch of those under-desk plastic things that I use around my work stations. Also, invest in a bottle of Goo Gone for wax spills and splashes.

Yep...Deb has got it 100% right....every candlemaker should have a huge bottle of goo gone in their room....our BEST friend!!:grin2:

It was colored, what I call a "country green" so it blends nicely with my beige-ish carpet!! I am normally a clumsy person, but this is only my second spill, hence the reason I never thought of ruining the carpet. Lesson learned!!

Would now be a good time to ask if your wax is colored or naked??

I am the clumsiest of clumsy so while a guest room is my wax room, I still make in the kitchen. My wide plank vintage hardwood floors have never been so shiny...haha!