Whipped Body Frosting

SOAPFREAK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love this too but I think the e-wax is causing it to be draggy feeling. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this? Maybe dropping the e-wax a tad or maybe subbing with BTMS? Mine kind of fell a little bit ROFLMAO guess I shouldn't have slammed the oven door JOKE It's still light and fluffy I only have a hand mixer. :(

• 2 weeks later...

You can usually find distilled water in the grocery stores. Distilled water goes through a process that I used to know well as a child. My grandfather was a phamacist and made distilled water in his laboratory to supply the local stores here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I made this in a very small quantity for the first time. I didn't have any kokum, so I did all shea. I added a little cornstarch too to help with the greasy feel. It's still a bit greasy, but my goodness! My arms feel fabulous and I put some on one leg and I can feel such a difference!

Fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. :)

• 3 months later...

I want to thank Soapfreak for so generously sharing this recipe..

I finally got the nerve to try something besides, Candles, & Soap..

I gave this a try tonight. OOOhhh my..I love it..

I didn't have Kokum Butter so I used 4.5 oz of shea, and 2 oz of Cocoa butter..I didn't have virgin coconut oil so I subbed Apricot KernelI & added Creme Brulee Fo..

Have you ever tried at Nordstroms, the Laura Mercier cream in Creme Brulee?..for 8 oz. it is around $50. and I think this feels alot like it..because I have a small sample they gave me, so I was able to compair..

So again..Thanks Soapfreak..

I want to thank Soapfreak for so generously sharing this recipe..

I finally got the nerve to try something besides, Candles, & Soap..

I gave this a try tonight. OOOhhh my..I love it..

I didn't have Kokum Butter so I used 4.5 oz of shea, and 2 oz of Cocoa butter..I didn't have virgin coconut oil so I subbed Apricot KernelI & added Creme Brulee Fo..

Have you ever tried at Nordstroms, the Laura Mercier cream in Creme Brulee?..for 8 oz. it is around $50. and I think this feels alot like it..because I have a small sample they gave me, so I was able to compair..

So again..Thanks Soapfreak..

Oh I'm so glad you liked it. You should try it with kokum & virgin coconut next time. So dreamy!

I am totally new to making bath and body recipes from scratch. My supplier does not carry the perservative that has been mentioned to use for this recipe...do you think rosemary oil extract is ok to use instead. Also, if I dont want it to be greasy how much corn starch should I put in this recipe and does something else have to be subtracted to do so?

also, I dont want to make such a large batch right away but I dont know how to break this down to a smaller amount...would someone mind doing this for me??

I am aching to give this one a try since I am reading so many raves about it.

Thank you so much for help and sharing this recipe

Hi Carrie, this is the closet I have come up with. Any variation shouldn't make too much of a difference.

I included the preservative and the fragrance as part of the 100%.

15% VCO

8.5% Kokum

4% Shea

9.5% E-Wax

60% distilled water

1% preservative

2% fragrance

Black Crow, this is what you can use as a starting point. If you want to start with only 8 oz., do the percentages of the 8 oz.

You can't use rosemary extract for this. It won't keep the germies away. Any lotion containing water has to have a proper preservative. I could probably send you a little to do a small batch.

Also with this recipe you won't need any cornstarch but if you want, you could add about a tsp. to an 8 oz. batch at the end of whipping.

• 3 months later...

I made this last night with a few tweaks on the oils and butters and it is a very nice cream, but as some have said, a bit draggy.

I pulled out a little and added a few drops of cyclo (stirred well) for glide and that did the trick! Cyclo should really be added during processing so I'll do that next time. Time will tell if my little sample will separate out, but it sure does help with the application!