Best adhesive for wicks in ceramic containers

Hi I would love to hear the best hot glue or any other adhesive that will stick to ceramic so that the wick won’t float...also that will be removable once candle has been burned. I sell what I call reusable ceramic containers. Thank you all in advance Debbie 

I use wick stickers in ceramic, but all the containers I use are glazed.  If you soak in warm soapy water after the candle is gone, the wick tab & sticker come right off, once in a while I have to nudge one with a butter knife.

I've been making and using ceramic containers, and I use the wick stickers too.  My containers are glazed, and the bottoms aren't necessarily smooth (because I suck at making them).  I double wick, and I have not had one come loose, even my citronellas, which are kept outdoors, sometimes burn way too long, and are over-wicked. 

In my ceramic vessels I mostly use wick stickers too, though high temp hot glue has worked pretty reliably in some of the shallower test vessels.  Ceramic holds so much heat that even the pro hot glue can soften. I stick with wick Stickers for retail. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, TallTayl said:

Ceramic holds so much heat that even the pro hot glue can soften.

I found some ceramic pint jars and wonder if they would be good for candles.  Are you saying a ceramic container will get hotter than glass? 

GoldieMN

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

I found some ceramic pint jars and wonder if they would be good for candles.  Are you saying a ceramic container will get hotter than glass? 

GoldieMN

They can. It all depends on the type of ceramic, thickness, shape of the container, etc. and, of course, how you wick. I usually am able to wick down several sizes in ceramic to control the heat transfer.

• Like 1