Need Red Clove replacement

Mcgee

Since Peaks is now not opening, I really need to replace Red Clove. This clove was the best I have ever used. I use this for one of my best selling chunk melts and i am running low. (errrrrr)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.:)

Agree with you. I'm thinking of trying a red hot cinnamon and clove mix at 1:1 for starters. I don't know what it will do, but then I would be inclined to try a regular cinnamon and clove at the same ratio and see what that produces too. As far as I could tell, this isn't a fragrance out there. It's part of a blend we get to rework. 

Thanks, I like the idea and I think I will start with the clove and regular cinnamon first. I must first have to try to find a better clove then the one I have been using.

I will report back when I have found something that will work. Thanks again.:)

On 8/25/2017 at 9:10 PM, Mcgee said:

Since Peaks is now not opening, I really need to replace Red Clove. This clove was the best I have ever used. I use this for one of my best selling chunk melts and i am running low. (errrrrr)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.:)

I have been away for a few days!  I thought they were going to reopen.  Where did you read that it isn't?  *shudder*

Scented and Pcbrook thanks for the info, right now I use clove from the candlemaker store which is not that bad but is lacking in strength and depth. So I guess it is time to place another order to flamings, unfortunately I just ordered from them two weeks ago.

Scented do you get in the red clove some orange peel or some type of zest maybe?  Looks like a lot of testing coming up:o 

1 hour ago, Mcgee said:

The information was on their fb page.

I went there to check it out after reading this but it looks like some things have been deleted.  So it looks like I will have to find a few replacements too.  Luckily I have almost full pounds of the two I rely on from them.  That should hold me over for a little bit. :) 

Edited by pcbrook

2 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

I went there to check it out after reading this but it looks like some things have been deleted.  So it looks like I will have to find a few replacements too.  Luckily I have almost full pounds of the two I rely on from them.  That should hold me over for a little bit. :) 

Sorry.....I just went there and found his comment.  

6 hours ago, Mcgee said:

Scented and Pcbrook thanks for the info, right now I use clove from the candlemaker store which is not that bad but is lacking in strength and depth. So I guess it is time to place another order to flamings, unfortunately I just ordered from them two weeks ago.

Scented do you get in the red clove some orange peel or some type of zest maybe?  Looks like a lot of testing coming up:o 

Not really. There could be a slight amount of it. I don't think Red Clove was a straight up fragrance, that's why I was thinking about the two cinnamons and trying a combo. I will be working with the fragrance in about two weeks, but I'll be using what I have. We're trying to get some restocks and testing of other scents done for fall.

I will have to go pick out some cinnamons though. The red hot cinnamon shouldn't be too hard to find.  

I'm also thinking of adding a little ginger something. Just wish I had the clove and the cinnamon separate. 

I'm just not at home to check all of this out right now. I will try to do so if I get home earlier tonight than I think. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

This company is duping Peak scents...they are doing it slowly.  There are a couple on this website and he is working of holiday fragrances.  He had a ton of people send in scents for duplication.  HTH

http://maplestreetcandle.com/

This is from the facebook page:

UPDATE: The first Peak (type)fragrances that we will be adding to our line will be:

Olde Town Bake Shop
Ginger Peach
Cranberry Oak
Holiday Festival
Wild Mountain Honey
Autumn Walk
Storm Watch

They have been ordered them and they will be here in about a week or so. There are PLENTY more coming down the pipe. They will be added slowly through the upcoming weeks.

When they are added there will be a sale. The fragrances will be added into their own category on the website ( as of now might change)

Thanks to all that have helped make these new fragrances possible.

• Like 1

Scented I like the idea of adding ginger, that might be the key along with the cinnamon and or the red hot cinnamon. If I come up with something close I will definitely let you know, who knows we might come up with something 10x better! 

NancyJo, thanks for the info. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mcgee said:

Scented I like the idea of adding ginger, that might be the key along with the cinnamon and or the red hot cinnamon. If I come up with something close I will definitely let you know, who knows we might come up with something 10x better! 

NancyJo, thanks for the info. 

Then we can go to work on something else lol! On Maple Street, I have no idea what was sent. Most of what I saw seemed to be him comparing scents to what he has so I stopped reading for now. I have other things to do. 

Back to sniffing things here ... would like to play but it is late for me to do that and I still need to get some work done. 

The clove to me ... I don't know if anyone here was a smoker who ever tried clove cigarettes, but that's what the clove part that for some reason I'm associating with Red Clove. I don't get a candy smell from the fragrance, but who knows what clove and red hot cinnamon would do. I'm still up for trying the combo, but I can't for a while. I'm also thinking that a strong cinnamon would help give the clove some depth. I don't have an orange smell from the bottle, but I bet a hint of orange spice would be great with the combination. 

I still hope to do something with these fragrances. Somewhere in this place is supposed to be 2 lbs of Red Clove to go with the 8 oz I can find. 

9 hours ago, Scented said:

Then we can go to work on something else lol! On Maple Street, I have no idea what was sent. Most of what I saw seemed to be him comparing scents to what he has so I stopped reading for now. I have other things to do. 

I just threw this out there for somewhere to try....He said he was not going to dupe what he already had....but will go with what he doesn't have and can smell like the original Peak he will add to his inventory

• Like 1

I too just ran out of the red clove, so I ordered a bunch of samples from suppliers and only found one that I think I'm going to settle with. I only used the red clove as a mixer other than special orders for just the clove. RE has one called autumn spice, and that's the one I'm using it place of the red clove. It's very spicy and I get a lot of clove in it. Hope that helps.

21 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I too just ran out of the red clove, so I ordered a bunch of samples from suppliers and only found one that I think I'm going to settle with. I only used the red clove as a mixer other than special orders for just the clove. RE has one called autumn spice, and that's the one I'm using it place of the red clove. It's very spicy and I get a lot of clove in it. Hope that helps.

I puchased this sample too and I agree that it does have a strong clove note to it. I also only use clove as a mixer so I guess I need to test this Autumn Spice out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Thanks! I will have to check it out next time I'm ordering from there. 

16 hours ago, NancyJo said:

I just threw this out there for somewhere to try....He said he was not going to dupe what he already had....but will go with what he doesn't have and can smell like the original Peak he will add to his inventory

I know and I meant no offense by it. It just seemed like he thought he had a lot of stuff and that his was of course much better. When I read anything he posted I got to thinking if it was all so much better then why weren't most of hearing about his stuff. I've not seen much of anyone but him bragging on his fragrances. That all said, it is good that someone's willing to take on the duping for sure! I just hope it doesn't come rolling out under par. 

Edited by Scented

@Scentedno problem....all is good.  I think what he was trying to say was that if he already stocked it he was not going to duplicate it.  I am not sure if it costs anything for the labs to test to dupe a fragrance and I think everyone has been scrambling to fill the void left by this sudden closing, especially with the holiday season coming up! By the way....I have not purchased from him yet....so no experience with him...just found him on FB thru other groups.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, Scented said:

Agree with you. I'm thinking of trying a red hot cinnamon and clove mix at 1:1 for starters. I don't know what it will do, but then I would be inclined to try a regular cinnamon and clove at the same ratio and see what that produces too. As far as I could tell, this isn't a fragrance out there. It's part of a blend we get to rework. 

21 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I just bought some Red Clove from Keystone and it is Wonderful! I think it was one of Peaks scents that she bought out.

Did you ever wick this FO or do you just use in melts ? 

49 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I just bought some Red Clove from Keystone and it is Wonderful! I think it was one of Peaks scents that she bought out.

I just went on Keystone and I don't see any FO or supplies, just premade candles - melts etc. Am I missing something ?

I went to her grand reopening on Friday and bought some of the Peaks oils. She still has so so many boxes from Peak to get through and I'm still waiting on a call for the pre-buy Amish Harvest. It won't be much longer I'm sure and She'll have Peaks oils sorted through. 

I did however pick up Peaks Holiday Sparkle, Almond Pastries, & Red Clove.