Brands of long lasting HT?

SCOFFEE

Anyone have any luck with certain brands of strong FO HT lasting longer than other brands? I've tried Lonestar FO, waiting on a few from Natures Garden. I want to try others as well, but hate paying so much in shipping! I would love to input on brands.... hmmmmm 

• Like 1

I think you will find that we all use FOs from a variety of suppliers. Once you find something you like (and that you've tested) you don't really want to mess with it!

Some suppliers I use that have given great results: Peak, CandleScience, LoneStar, Natures Garden, The Candlemaker's Store, Tennessee, Aroma Haven, The Candle Source, Bramble Berry, Community Candle, Fragrance Buddy and Wholesale Supplies Plus. Are there some duds or some not stellar performers from these companies? Sure, but overall I think the quality is good and more hits than misses.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

I think you will find that we all use FOs from a variety of suppliers. Once you find something you like (and that you've tested) you don't really want to mess with it!

Some suppliers I use that have given great results: Peak, CandleScience, LoneStar, Natures Garden, The Candlemaker's Store, Tennessee, Aroma Haven, The Candle Source, Bramble Berry, Community Candle, Fragrance Buddy and Wholesale Supplies Plus. Are there some duds or some not stellar performers from these companies? Sure, but overall I think the quality is good and more hits than misses.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for your list, helps alot! :)

I agree with Faerywren, all suppliers have duds and good oils. I have ordered from Lone Star and all of the other suppliers she mentioned with good and not so good results. I will say this though, my experience with Lone Star hasn't been as good as with Natures Gardens, Peak, Candle Wic, Candle Science and Fragrance Buddy. It could very well be the oils I picked to use though. I've just had better success with more of the other suppliers fragrance oils than Lone Stars. They still have some that I really like though.

Is Lone Star the only supplier you've tried? If you would like to try some of the other's oils, let me know what you're interested in. I would be willing to send you some samples of other suppliers so you can try them and not be out any money. Just send me a pm and let me know what interests you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I agree with Faerywren, all suppliers have duds and good oils. I have ordered from Lone Star and all of the other suppliers she mentioned with good and not so good results. I will say this though, my experience with Lone Star hasn't been as good as with Natures Gardens, Peak, Candle Wic, Candle Science and Fragrance Buddy. It could very well be the oils I picked to use though. I've just had better success with more of the other suppliers fragrance oils than Lone Stars. They still have some that I really like though.

Is Lone Star the only supplier you've tried? If you would like to try some of the other's oils, let me know what you're interested in. I would be willing to send you some samples of other suppliers so you can try them and not be out any money. Just send me a pm and let me know what interests you!

Im waiting on some FO from Peak to try. Other than Lonestar and Peak, I haven't tried any others as of yet. 

I would love to try other places as well, but all that shipping!!! :o

• Like 2

I have tried all of those over the years and then some. Didn't remember seeing SweetCakes listed, but they have some really super selections.

What I do now is choose what essence I want to add to my line, say lilac, then buy every lilac available to find the best for my application. Up front shipping is a consideration, but in the end it has saved me a lot of $$ from shooting in the dark with variously named oils. 

• Like 4

Guest OldGlory

We are all in the same boat having to pay shipping. It costs so darn much just to get a few samples! But then, it's going to cost plenty to test all those samples and find the ones that work in your wax(es). Again, we all went thru it.

You will find a lot of suggestions in the Fragrance discussion category. Usually, the person posting the thread will say where the fragrance comes from and which wax they tested in.

Ive spent so much on shipping too .... goes with the territory i guess. I found helps is once i find a supplier who's FO etc i like, i put in a large order and the 

shipping isn't that bad. that is of course if they are nearing my state. I stay away from West  coast suppliers for this reason. Plus the way I try to look at it is 

the price of gas is high + even if I drove it would be the same more or less .

1 hour ago, OldGlory said:

We are all in the same boat having to pay shipping. It costs so darn much just to get a few samples! But then, it's going to cost plenty to test all those samples and find the ones that work in your wax(es). Again, we all went thru it.

You will find a lot of suggestions in the Fragrance discussion category. Usually, the person posting the thread will say where the fragrance comes from and which wax they tested in.

I understand. Can't wait till I find a supplier I really like, put large orders with 1 company. I'll definitely look in the fragrance category. Ty

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have tried all of those over the years and then some. Didn't remember seeing SweetCakes listed, but they have some really super selections.

What I do now is choose what essence I want to add to my line, say lilac, then buy every lilac available to find the best for my application. Up front shipping is a consideration, but in the end it has saved me a lot of $$ from shooting in the dark with variously named oils. 

Hopefully I'll be able to do this sooner or later. :)

50 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ive spent so much on shipping too .... goes with the territory i guess. I found helps is once i find a supplier who's FO etc i like, i put in a large order and the 

shipping isn't that bad. that is of course if they are nearing my state. I stay away from West  coast suppliers for this reason. Plus the way I try to look at it is 

50 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

That's true, but it's hard not to think about those good ol flat rate boxes! Hehehe... Anyhow, hopefully I find 1 I like sooner or later. Thanks for the tip :)

49 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

R&D is just a cost of doing business. Sometimes the biggest bargain comes with a higher shipping cost. Sometimes not. But there is only one way to find out ;)

Looking around It sure seems that way. I noticed alot of bargain places had higher ship, some higher priced places had lower shipping. Go figure ;)