Any ideas how it is made?

It could be wax, or ceramic. 

Looking at this close up, to me it does look like it could be wax in an over-dip to get it shiny (like with carved candles) 

IF it's wax, it's made with a mold, and would probably burn very fast, (like a taper) and would most likely need a taper wick. Also keeping the wick in place while pouring? That would be a bitch. 

If it's ceramic, as others have said, it would be hollow and have a liquid paraffin or an oil in the chamber with the wick to consume the oil/wax. 

I'll bet its a silicone mold and they are poured laying down.

Pastry Chefs use molds like that for sugar and chocolate showpieces, lay a wick in the center and voila stand it up for an unusual candle.  I'll bet they burn fast tho

It would take some testing and engineering to get it just right, especially without dripping

The best way to find out is to buy some and dissect them to try to figure out how made, but I'd bet they are pure wax with a nice finish on them. I'm not convinced of silicone, but I would almost go as far to think of tin forms and a water bath that will help with a glossy finish. I never got that from the silicone I have used. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, just that manufacturers are going to use a few steps as possible for the end result. 

I would wonder if it is a taper wax also used because it would need to have minimal to no shrink.