fall fest

JI

Not sure who mbt is...

Sales were not too good. X6 booth fee. I was competing with a silent auction and $$ for rides/ face paints. Pumpkin pie was best seller. Surprisingly melts outsold candles. And the scentsy lady just glared at me...awkward. Other vendors just barely made twice their fee they said so i should not grumble. Also we were in the food area so people also bee lined for that and did not look at vendorsm

$25. Now you can see why i am not impressed. I made way more at a church fall fair a couple weeks bsck. I have another church fall fair scheduked next weekend. Fingers xed. I think there were no more than 150 people today.

I'm sorry you didn't do as good as you wanted to Ironrose. No matter what type of craft show and no matter where it is located or how small it is......there is an awful lot of work, loss of sleep, you extend yourself financially trying to get everything you feel you need, you worry about how much stock you should have, what type of product you should have, not to mention everything else that all winds up into the preparation for your show. And everyone that does a show is ALWAYS hopeful and upbeat that it is going to be an awesome turnout and lots of people will buy. I know exactly how you feel!! It has happened to me too and probably everyone else here on the board!! Be encouraged!!! At least you made 6x your booth and to have the Scentsy woman glaring at you......priceless......obviously she considered you great competition!!! :wink2:Hang in there....next weekend you will do better!!:highfive:

Edited by puma52

I do think the scentsy lady was priceless...especially when i sold so many melts. Then a customer came to me with her new.scentsy warmer and bought my melts!

Hee , Hee......I just love it when folks like us give them a run for their money!!!:yay: Good for you girl!!!:highfive:

I am going to another fall fair this coming weekend. It is at a church. Usually those are better for me. This one was juried. I had to send in photos etc since they specified only handmade products. They supposedly have 500 or so people attend. We will see. I will post update on sales.

Sorry it didn't turn out as well as you hoped, but def could've been worse. Plus you got your name out to a few more people :) That's great someone bought her burner but your tarts, love it! The scentsy lady was probably so jealous that you are talented enough to make your own,lol. Sounds like the one coming up this weekend will be great, good luck!

Good luck to you too, faithful scenter!

Getting ready for a church fall fest on Sat. Hopefully it will be way better than last weekend...a hurricane is going up our coast now. It is really windy and I am so happy because they cancelled school!! (I am a teacher.) More time to get ready and finish labeling! Hurricane should be out of here late Friday night. Fair is Saturday.

Edited by JI