Clear Base

ksranch

I have a project to do that I need a really clear base for. I normally use SFIC from Peak, but it ends up a little cloudy - and I've used Stephensons from AH/RE, it's great but I don't need anything else there right now and their shipping to me is quite costly. Has anyone used BCN's clear M&P base? I need a couple things from them, but haven't ever tried their bases... TIA

I have used BCN clear base. I thought it was pretty darn clear. :grin2: But this is to my eye. I really just look for clear base. I do not do any projects requiring super clear base, so honestly I am not looking for that glass look and probably don't notice it.

thanks noodle - Steve, yea I know the Stephenson is good, just for some reason shipping to me from them is always so high... so I was looking for alternative. But thanks for reply. I had other stuff I needed from BCN so I ordered one of their clear, will see - then I'll know! :rolleyes2

Edited by ksranch

I order my bases from The Chemistry Store. But I order in bulk (25lbs) for the best price. They carry the Stephenson's bases including the clear. You might want to check them out and see if their shipping coststo you might be an alternate option. They have a shipping calculator on their website so you can figure your exact costs before buying anything.

Just in case anyone else wonders.. I got some of the BCN cause I needed a little bit fast - turned out the BCN clear is clear enough for the kids fish soaps. But, not as clear as Stephensons. :yes:

Edited by ksranch

I agree with Candybee. The Chemistry Store has all of the Stephenson's bases and is the most cost effective in the way of shipping. I order from them all of the time and they have wonderful vanilla stable base. I get base from BCN only when I want to be cost effective with my shipping. If is only a small increase in shipping to add a few 2 pounders of soap base to my existiing order, then it is worth it to me.

Ok, Candybee you are correct about Chemistry Store, sort of......the different types of bases are priced differently but at ah/re they're all $53.95. The Chemistry Store is still cheaper $44.90 but shipping was $25.35 ups for me and at ah/re it was $18.97 BUT I got two free fragrance samples and ordered a silicone mold of mini christmas trees. So for just a few dollars more I did get some freebies and the mold. KWIM

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

EBC does have the clear. Haven't used it before so don't know the quality. But their white and gm bases are very nice and their bulk rates are great too. But they are on the west coast and I am on the east coast so I really get a better deal with the Chem Store.