What suggestions would you offer on a mixer to take the sharp edge off Gingerbread?

justajesuschick

Gingerbread may have to get added to my "not gonna happen" list (along with Carrot Cake, Sweet Potato Pie, Home Sweet Home and Harvest type). That list is the I-have-tried-this-scent-from-every-maker and STILL have not found one I like.

I keep making these really harsh/sharp Gingerbreads. I wonder if I added Sugar Cookie or Toasted Marshmallow or an Apple something if I would get closer to a sweeter Gingerbread Cake or Cookie that I might like better.

Suggestions welcome before I toss this scent to the bad list-haha!

Thank you!!!

Hey JAJC !!

Oh no....not the bad list!!! hee hee .:laugh2: I would try adding Vanilla Smoothie (Indiana Candle Supply) or any vanilla that you have or Buttercream Crunch (Cajun Candles- to DIE for!!!) that Toasted Marshmallow that you suggested or add a little Gingerbread Spice (Cajun Candles) maybe a little of each!! There is NO doubt in my mind that with the addition of other scents you just might get yourself a best-seller so make sure you write ALL your recipes down!! Gingerbread is a delicious and popular Fall/Winter scent...don't throw the bottle in the never look at it again bin....experiment...you can find your perfect Gingerbread...you can do it girl!!!!:yay:

Hey JAJC !!

Oh no....not the bad list!!! hee hee .:laugh2: I would try adding Vanilla Smoothie (Indiana Candle Supply) or any vanilla that you have or Buttercream Crunch (Cajun Candles- to DIE for!!!) that Toasted Marshmallow that you suggested or add a little Gingerbread Spice (Cajun Candles) maybe a little of each!! There is NO doubt in my mind that with the addition of other scents you just might get yourself a best-seller so make sure you write ALL your recipes down!! Gingerbread is a delicious and popular Fall/Winter scent...don't throw the bottle in the never look at it again bin....experiment...you can find your perfect Gingerbread...you can do it girl!!!!:yay:

Puma..you must of tried the Vanilla Smoothie (ICS) I got that a couple weeks ago, even bought the 4oz and did the sniff and um..that don't smell so great thingy that I do and that's as far as that went! Wonder if it's one of those better in wax oils??

samandkennasmom

• Enigma

icon1.png Re: What suggestions would you offer on a mixer to take the sharp edge off Gingerbrea

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
puma52
viewpost-right.png

Hey JAJC !!

Oh no....not the bad list!!! hee hee .
:laugh2:
I would try adding Vanilla Smoothie (Indiana Candle Supply) or any vanilla that you have or Buttercream Crunch (Cajun Candles- to DIE for!!!) that Toasted Marshmallow that you suggested or add a little Gingerbread Spice (Cajun Candles) maybe a little of each!! There is NO doubt in my mind that with the addition of other scents you just might get yourself a best-seller so make sure you write ALL your recipes down!! Gingerbread is a delicious and popular Fall/Winter scent...don't throw the bottle in the never look at it again bin....experiment...you can find your perfect Gingerbread...you can do it girl!!!!
:yay:

Puma..you must of tried the Vanilla Smoothie (ICS) I got that a couple weeks ago, even bought the 4oz and did the sniff and um..that don't smell so great thingy that I do and that's as far as that went! Wonder if it's one of those better in wax oils??

Ah, Ah Ah:p...don't you put your ICS Vanilla Smoothie in the never look at it again bin girl!!! It is a very rich yummy scent to me but I know what you mean though....Our noses sniff so differently!! But...dig it back out and try it in wax...ya might like it!!:highfive:

Edited by puma52

An order from BW is on it's way to me!

Here is what I am getting:

Apple Gingersnap

Honey Gingerbread

Cider & Sticks

Fall Harvest

Grammy's Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Gingerbread

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

Baked Apple

Cinnamon Bun

Grammy's Yummy Punkin

Edited by justajesuschick

• 3 weeks later...

I like it. This goes to show how differently we all smell things. It smells like Zucchini Bread to me.

I REALLY like the Apple Gingersnap and Pumpkin Gingerbread! There are a few from my list that I have not poured yet.

...and then yesterday I got in my Just Scent order. I am going to make a few batches with those tomorrow night.