unwrapped soap for craft show

Debk

I am selling my soaps cut up and in loaf display so it looks like a whole loaf of soap. I have a sign that describes what all is in the soaps. I also have small cello bags for them to place the soaps in when they purchase them. I was wondering if I should put ingredient labels on the cello bags? I have about 200 soaps. I use to box them but because my soaps are bigger than the boxes I can't use the kraft boxes anymore. Placing a decorative soap band is too time consuming. People love the look of the soap displayed like it is still a whole loaf. I will put out samples for them to smell so they are not handling all the soaps. I also made pumpkin spiced pie soaps and will place them in pumpkin wooden baskets. I could print up cards and place in the bags when they buy rather than having to stick labels on all the bags.

There's so many people with allergies and a lot of people buy homemade soaps for gift giving also so I list ingredients on each bar along with my contact info, weight, etc..I've seen many soapmakers who do not, but to protect myself, and others I feel it is best to do this.

I print out a 2x4 label on heavy paper. One side has my logo and fragrance information and the other side has ingredients and business information. I fold the card in half and attach to the top of my cello bag with double sided scotch tape. I place a piece on each corner and it adheres to the bag and the card and is pretty sturdy. I haven't had any to come off in transit. It sounds time consuming but it really doesn't take much time or money and the bags look so neat. I buy the bags with a small vent hole so customers can better smell the fragrance but more importantly they can see the swirl design and color and never touch the soap. HTH

Steve

I print out a 2x4 label on heavy paper. One side has my logo and fragrance information and the other side has ingredients and business information. I fold the card in half and attach to the top of my cello bag with double sided scotch tape. I place a piece on each corner and it adheres to the bag and the card and is pretty sturdy. I haven't had any to come off in transit. It sounds time consuming but it really doesn't take much time or money and the bags look so neat. I buy the bags with a small vent hole so customers can better smell the fragrance but more importantly they can see the swirl design and color and never touch the soap. HTH

Steve

Steve,

Do the bags get soap marks on them? Just curious. :)

Thanks!