So, so, so, so Happy!!!!

ktaggard

Happy with my tarts, finally! Still working on candles and wicks:cheesy2:.

After a year and a half of pouring, mixing, experimenting, testing, giving up, and then trying again,(you all know the pattern) My tarts are throwing like crazy. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks to all of you that continue to post and give advice. I don't post much, but I read almost everyday. I feel like I know many of you. Thanks again !!!

P.S. - an especial thanks to Steve (Chuck) for introducing me to 3022 wax. I love It!!!

After a year and a half of pouring, mixing, experimenting, testing, giving up, and then trying again,(you all know the pattern) My tarts are throwing like crazy. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks to all of you that continue to post and give advice. I don't post much, but I read almost everyday. I feel like I know many of you. Thanks again !!!

P.S. - an especial thanks to Steve (Chuck) for introducing me to 3022 wax. I love It!!!

Congratulations! And yes, that is a great wax....3022! It has been my favorite for awhile. Hope all continues to go well.

OMGoodness...I have some of that wax here and never thought to attempt tarts with it alone or blending.

Thank you for posting about your success.

I tried the 4625/4630 mix and never got it to work for me. I'm currently using 3022-70% and 4794-30% and pour into clamshells or silicone molds. 3022 is a parasoy container wax so the tart is softer than a typical tart, but it holds its shape fine. There is enough 4794 to get it hard enough to pop out of clamshells. This wax has held up to 12%FO, but I'm finding that anywhere from 8%-10% FO is working well depending of the FO. I know these wax combo is not conventional, but I'm happy with it.

Congratulations!!! Who do you purchase the 3022 from?

Brad Ford at Clarus Wax. He posts on this board from time to time, but the best way is to call him at Clarus. He will send you a 10 pound slab to sample - all for free. That is some product confidence. Clarus must figure you'll be back for more. (which I have -hee,hee)

Brad Ford at Clarus Wax. He posts on this board from time to time, but the best way is to call him at Clarus. He will send you a 10 pound slab to sample - all for free. That is some product confidence. Clarus must figure you'll be back for more. (which I have -hee,hee)

Gosh! That's great! Thank you so much! I've been planning to test both 4794 and also 6098 parasoy for tarts, so the clarus parasoy is interesting to me too. CS recommends 6006 parasoy for tarts, not blended with any other wax, and I'm sure it works well because I often use chunks of my old 6006 candles in my tart melter and they throw great and last a long time. I made those old 6006 candles with 9% FO load.

• 1 month later...

I took up your suggestion- requested a sample and it just arrived today!! What a wonderful surprise- so excited to start testing this wax- thank you to Brad at Clarus if you see this post- SO much appreciated!! (now just need time to test, get the family out of the house :) Thank you for the suggestion!!!

Hope it works for you. I use it for everything. It has an awesome ct and ht with most fos. I also think it has a deep rich quality to it. My favorite combo for tarts is to mix it with 4794. I've tried many different combos and this works best for me. Good luck, report back to us on how it goes.

Do you use the 3022 in containers also- and if so, what wicks would you suggest, I was thinking of trying zincs, HTP's or CD's....

I am still searching for perfect container wick combo for 3022. I could not get htps or lxs wicks to work. CDs work best so far. You might want to look up posts or pm Chuck (Steve). He uses 3022 and knows what he doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a cd18 for nearly all my fos in a 12 oz salsa jar and slow cool for best adhesion. Just finished up a wholesale account and so far so good. I' m using a blend of 40% 3022 and 70% KY tart wax at 9% fo and pouring into mini silicone gingerbread men and christmas trees. It only takes 12 oz to make 24 melts. Hope they move well. HTH

Steve

Chuck- thank you (is that 40/60 blend that you use?). Hoping to play around with some of the wax samples I got next weekend. I have some CD's, so I may try the 3022 in some tins, and see how it goes.... will report back once I have time to mix/pour and test! Thank you!

I use a cd18 for nearly all my fos in a 12 oz salsa jar and slow cool for best adhesion. Just finished up a wholesale account and so far so good. I' m using a blend of 40% 3022 and 70% KY tart wax at 9% fo and pouring into mini silicone gingerbread men and christmas trees. It only takes 12 oz to make 24 melts. Hope they move well. HTH

Steve

Thanks, Steve. And good luck with your melts! They sound perfect for The holidays!!!