Women's Expo ???

morethanrubies

Hello! I have never been in a craft show for my products and am considering being a part of the Women's Expo event. They are in OH, Chicago, and Fort Wayne IN and are indoor events with all Women schtuffs. They say they include table, tablecloth, sign, etc.

Has anyone done one of these or do you have ANY show tips at all for a newbie? What to take etc?

I looked at the form too and I understood it to say it was included in the Exhibit Booth price. I will have to email them. I am hoping someone on here has actually done one of these or a similar show that may have some tips or can say if it's worth it. Where are you at in IN Beth?

Edited by morethanrubies

This one is less than the one they have in February by about $200. The one I am wanting to go to is the Holiday Extravaganza and I live in Fort Wayne so for me no hotels only about a 10 min trip to the coliseum. I just have never done ANY show before to know how much of each product to take. I would be doing my perfume line --- I keep my candles separate from the perfume/body even with different names. So I was sitting here going ok .. how many perfumes, lotions, shower gels, soaps, body butters, all of those for each scent? or take orders and ship?

it's very overwhelming!! Thanks for the Candle Cauldron tip though!

Welcome, I'm pretty sure I've read lots of info on here also. Check the tutorial section & all those hints, links at the beginning of each forum.

This one is less than the one they have in February by about $200. The one I am wanting to go to is the Holiday Extravaganza and I live in Fort Wayne so for me no hotels only about a 10 min trip to the coliseum. I just have never done ANY show before to know how much of each product to take. I would be doing my perfume line --- I keep my candles separate from the perfume/body even with different names. So I was sitting here going ok .. how many perfumes, lotions, shower gels, soaps, body butters, all of those for each scent? or take orders and ship?

it's very overwhelming!! Thanks for the Candle Cauldron tip though!

Is the Expo a place where people expect to come and buy product? Or is it something where people are shopping for ideas for things like limo services and gardeners, where they expect freebies?

I would not count on pre-selling and shipping later. Seems like this would be an impulse buying venue if anything.

What's the intent of the event?

Is the Expo a place where people expect to come and buy product? Or is it something where people are shopping for ideas for things like limo services and gardeners, where they expect freebies?

I would not count on pre-selling and shipping later. Seems like this would be an impulse buying venue if anything.

What's the intent of the event?

http://womensexpo.org/fortwaynehe/information.shtml

so about $100 a day in table/booth fees? That's pretty reasonable. Unless the $295 is non-profit according to the chart.

I'd make some tall displays that make it easy for people to shop fast. This will be all about turning customers as quickly as possible to make your cash.

Thank you for your tips, I am still on the fence -- I am not sure I can get enough product done for the event as you said, for impulse shopping. I should probably just GO to it this year as a consumer and check it out then decide if I want to do the February show or not.

Very wise.

I agree... walk the show and see how things are going for other vendors. My experience with expo's is they're usually more of a freebie thing than big sales. At the expo's I've vended most of the gals are there to grab the freebie bag and indulge on samples. The expo you've mentioned is at a big sales time of year for the holiday, so I'd be interested hear if you see alot of buying... this could one of those big volume shows.

The expo's I've done in the past are usually high ticket booth rent as well. Usually around the $600 for an 8x10, more for an endcap.