Cream Cheese Fragrance

Barbara AL

I don't know if the cream cheese frosting from ICS is the same one that I purchased a couple of years ago. However, if it is the same one, it smells like a very nice buttercream frosting, not cream cheese at all. I would love a realistic cream cheese scent.

If one can not be found; I have a blend that may work but I don't have the FOs nessecery to make them.

If I did, I would definitely have it duped. The blend: .50 cheesecake .20 french vanilla .20 butter(AAA candles) .10 neem.

Should smell accurate. The mild cheese notes would come from the butter and neem blend.

Edited by rctfavr3

Rctfavr3, you are amazing! I love reading your posts? How do you come up with all them blends?

Haha. Thanks? Most scent blends were just winging it with left over FOs or poor sellers. I haven't really tried this blend, But I have blended both neem and butter FO together and got a pretty realistic cheese smell. I figured combine that with a creamy vanilla note (french vanilla) to balance out the harshness of the "cheese note" and then add touch of cheesecake FO for richness would make a pretty darn accurate cream cheese. I wrote it down in my formulas book. Most Buttercream FOs are nothing more than french vanilla with a hint of butter FO. Cream-Cheese would just be the opposite of that. More butter notes less vanilla. Depending upon the amount of neem added...you can get it a cheesy as you'd like. Too much and it becomes bitter with an almost garlic odor. Now I'm just rambling. It's past my bedtime.

Edited by rctfavr3

• 1 year later...

There is a neem fo out there? Interesting!

I had some Cream cheese from Candlemakers Store and I thought it was really nice, not so sweet but nice and creamy scent. It was only an ounce or so and so I couldn't do very much testing. I guess I'll order some again.