Website question

LynnS

Some insight needed.Would those of you who have a wholesaler allow them to put the pics on your site on the site they made???? Or do you think it should not be allowed.

I know people find someone using their pics and get very upset but what about a wholesaler???

Thank You,

LynnS

Some insight needed.Would those of you who have a wholesaler allow them to put the pics on your site on the site they made???? Or do you think it should not be allowed.

I know people find someone using their pics and get very upset but what about a wholesaler???

Thank You,

LynnS

Really depends on wholesaler. But, most should be fine with it.

Is your question whether you as the maker of the product and the owner of the photos should be upset if the wholesale customer uses your photos on their website? If so, the photos are your property and you can grant permission as you please. If someone is using your photos without your permission, then it is your right to have them removed if you so choose.

Or are you asking if the wholesaler should be upset that you, the product maker, uses their photos?

If this was me, and it was a wholesaler I had had for a while,if they wanted to use my photos, I'd have them sign an agreement that those photos would only be allowed to promote your products and if there was a end to your relationship with them, they have to take them down.

But, I'd let them use them, who knows, it will possibly ( probably ) get you more business !

We didn't talk about her using my pics but just happened on her site.Really didn't know she had a site till then. thought her business was craft shows.She was getting started.She has recently disputed a wholesale price and now says hold off.She gives many compliments on our products and did praise them but disputes this one wholesale price.She said it was the price of the Country Jar and not the price of the Apothecary Jar.I can't give it to her for the price of the Country Jar.

Candles are more like a hobby to us.My husband works many long hours and now we're cutting back on shows etc.Hauling those candles are a pain and we decided to much work for what we made and the long hours.

I have a faithful wholesaler who's been ordering for almost 4 years.She doesn't know what she'll do if we quit but we're going to stick with her and give her our good products.In all the years she's never had one problem with shipping her selling our candles or the coloring/pricing.She knows she's making a profit.

This is when you get it in writing.All the emails don't work even if you have them.Get a contract on wholesale pricing.

The pics are our pics she got on our site.

LynnS

If you have a website and wholesalers, it is not a hobby, it is a business and needs to be treated as such.

How do YOU feel about your pictures on their site? Would you feel better if you had an agreement about the pictures? If so, make it happen. It's really all up to you.

I'm OK with our products on her site but dont think we have a business relationship now.I haven't heard from her.She keeps saying I gave her a price for the apothecary jar(16 ounce) as $4.75 but I have the emails the Country Jar is $5.50 wholesale.No way would the price be cheaper for the 16 Apothecary Jar. We talk at length about the Country Jar BUT when she ordered she placed a order for the Apothecary.

Last I heard she was going to try and find the email where I had the 16 ounce apothecary jar for $4.75. I haven't heard back in almost 2 weeks.I've been through numerous emails too looking for that one email.None saying that.

LynnS

JMO but if I was disputing a price someone was wanting me to pay, and I was sitting there repeatedly saying I had proof that they had quoted me a difference price in an email..... I kinda think I could have found it in 2 weeks time. The whole thing sounds fishy to me, but then again, I'm rather skeptical of people at times. But if it was me, I'd just send her something to get my pics off her site, and I'd end the relationship. Move on to bigger and better things.

She sounds like a " headache a'brewin" if you ask me.