OMG Candle Science! 4 New FOs

HorseScentS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my sample of the peppermint bark today and am not all that impressed oob. I currently use just scents p.b. and it is fantastic so i'm not sure i'm even going to put it in wax. I also have the pinecone and put in a tart and had to shut it off...made me sick. I do have to say I like the other 3 new fos, at least oob.

Anyone try blending the PepBark with some Vanilla FO to see if it cuts down on the mint. I'm wondering if the FO is incomplete blend. It has a top note; Peppermint (a dominant and very abrasive top note) and it's got a bottom note; Chocolate. But there doesn't seem to be a very strong or obvious middle/heart note to harmoniously blend those two polar scents together. Needs a little Vanilla to marry the two notes, making a more rounded fragrance. At least that's my take on it. Granted, i haven't actually tried the FO yet. :)

But in wax, the PepBark might smell better once the scent is diffused.

Anyone test yet? How's the HT. Just curious.

Edited by rctfavr3

Got my order in and the standouts for me are Cypress & Berries and Peppermint Bark. C&B reminds me of Juniper Breeze but softer and more berry overtones. I can actually smell the dark chocolate in peppermint bark. It's delicious! I'm excited to get it into wax. It sounds strange, but it has a perfumey quality to it. It's soooo interesting how we all interpret fragrances!

Would adding chocolate fudge (CS) to the peppermint Bark (CS) cut down on the peppermint? Just got both of these in my order this week, along with a bunch of others- will be pouring/testing this weekend- excited to try some of these new fragrances! (now just have to send my boys out fishing so I can play with my wax and fo's!!:)