to color or not......................

hi everyone.

With the cold months coming when soy wax is more likely to frost "bloom" do you think that people prefer their candle dye free or do they still want color. which do you think sells best.

I saw quiet a few soy candles at Whole Foods that are dye free. Also do you buy the competitors candles just to test their performance against yours? I don't sell just give out as gifts. I am just curious as to what you guys and gals think.

the color question has been asked numerous times.. it usually comes out about even and most choose their personal preference and provide the alternative upon request. I do not buy candles to compare quality - I make my candles to burn correctly and don't worry about the competition.

I do what I LOVE..and I have burned 1,000,000,000's of candles prior to crafting my own. At this point I know what I want, and what I do not want! I have good taste so my customers absoloutely love my creations. I really do not concern myself with my competition, as long as I'm producing a beautiful, SAFE burning candle that smells great- I'm good. The use of dye is your own personal preference, and what you are willing to offer.

Edited by Aradia

My cousin, who is a nurse, says she feels cheated by candles that are not colored, but my mother only likes white candles and says that even if she loved the scent, she would not buy a candle that clashed with her decor and neither would her friends. I think the more upscale, high-end trend is towards whites and neutrals, and the more middle class trend is bright colors; and that's only generalizing, there are many exceptions.

My cousin, who is a nurse, says she feels cheated by candles that are not colored, but my mother only likes white candles and says that even if she loved the scent, she would not buy a candle that clashed with her decor and neither would her friends. I think the more upscale, high-end trend is towards whites and neutrals, and the more middle class trend is bright colors; and that's only generalizing, there are many exceptions.

There's a lot of truth to that generalization. Your target market plays a huge role.

The 'natural' crowd who seek out soy, for instance, often appreciate the 'natural' white of the wax. I have seen customers forgo a colored candle purchase because of the color choice the chandler made.

One of the reasons I love beeswax so much is the neutrality of color that suits a wide range of decor.