Revisiting Bert's Dark Chocolate Mint

kandlekrazy

Dark Chocolate Mint - Andes Thin Mints

Looking for a true dupe of this.

Thanks, but I really don't want suggestions...I've probably now tried 12 different suppliers and none are nearly as good. Looking for someone who has found the replacement that smells alike and lasts near as long. I can come close to the smell but the fragrance is gone in a day or two. Bert's lasted a week in melts burning every day for 8 hours and almost burned your eyes when you poured it! That strong.

i feel your pain...lol

I miss Berts oils too..

I don't know where she was getting them, but they put out some very good fo's..

I wish you luck..

I can't remember for sure..but AH/RE..has duped fo's before...i think?

You could ask them..be sure to save a oz. or two..if you plan on having it duped.

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

I don't have a drop left! I'm testing Peak's Peppermint Kiss right now, OOB it isn't the same but I'm hopeful for it in wax...or I could just cry now and get it over with.

I like Peak's Peppermint Kiss. In 4627 I'm using 1.3 oz of FO in 14.7 oz of wax. It's strong! I might cut back to 1.2 oz of FO, but I like it so maybe I'll leave well-enough alone. Please let me know how you think it compares to Bert's.

I will, I use C3 so may be different than your experience. So far in wax it smells alot like Bert's, the true test will be how long the scent lasts.

I used 1 oz in 1# and I'm letting it cure for a few days before melting it.

• 2 months later...
I will, I use C3 so may be different than your experience. So far in wax it smells alot like Bert's, the true test will be how long the scent lasts.

I used 1 oz in 1# and I'm letting it cure for a few days before melting it.

How did you like Peak's Peppermint Kiss compared to Bert's?

• 1 month later...
Peak's does not compare at all to Bert's. It is more mint and not near as strong and doesn't last as long. Venus was closer in smell but still doesn't last very long.

Doodlebug, I'd love to buy some if you get it duped!

Aw shucks! Thanks for getting back to us on that. Peak's is mostly all mint, but I find it extremely strong in 4627, so I've cut back to 1.2 oz p.p. and now I can smell more creamy and more dark chocolate, and it's much better. But, I would love to buy Bert's version based on all I've read about it on craftserver.

Edited by HorsescentS