Beware: Kathy Thompson SCAM

Claire Simpson has changed her name to Kathy Thompson. Do not follow through with her request to order. She is a scammer!

Name Kathy Kathy

Email: kalylystores@yahoo.com

Hello,

I want to place an order from you to our store in The Netherlands.I want to know if you can ship to us and accept credit card a s a form of payment.

Reply back asap

Thanks

Kathy

MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY TODAY

Hello,

Thanks for your reply back.I can't wait to have your lovely products in our store for my customers.Below listed is the items i want to order for and will want you to get back to me with total cost +shipping cost and i can provide you my credit card for you to charge and have my order ready and i can carry your product in our new inventory for our numerous customers.

MY ORDER............

Soy/Beeswax Votive 8 pack

ASSORTED VARIETIES OF FRAGRANCE

QTY...15

8oz Soy Jar

QTY...15

3.5oz Soy Melt

QTY...15

candle-fragrances

QTY.....40

ADDRESS FOR THE SHIPPING QUOTE.........

Van Eeghenstraat 60

Amsterdam 1071 GK

Netherlands

Hope to read back from you with the total cost and we can proceed and finalized my order.

God bless you,

Kathy

For more info on how she scams people: http://redeftdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/scam-update.html?showComment=1343249961412#c5277190516413342833

Names used: Katie Jackson, Kathy Thompson, Claire Simpson, Andrew Partison, Marta Smith, Philip McKenzie, Bruce Moore, Gary Williams, Mary Finn, John Liam, Ellyse Morgan.

Edited by NaturallyTru

Scammers never quit, people must be getting sucked in..sad

Yep. When I sold Avon, I got those emails weekly. The names are irrelevant. If you quit replying, you won't get as many. They're looking for valid email addresses when they send out their mass emails.

• 9 months later...

Heads up....They're still at it. We just got an email for an order for over 300 bars of soap...wanted us to send to Netherlands as well and the email/order looked exactly like the above. This time they used the name Robert Jones with De-Crown stores

That's how they contacted us too...through our website/business email. So they knew we were legit too. We did respond though because they were very very persistent and I was getting ticked. They kept wanting to place an order through our email instead of going through the website. I emailed them back after three or four of their emails and told them the reason we insist they go through our website is because there is so much identity theft/credit card fraud, that this is a way we can verify the customer prior to shipping....never heard from them again.

Yes I get these all the time from all over and I delete them. However if they are persistent I tell them exactly what you said that they need to order through the website due to so much identity theft and that is when I never hear from them again either. You just can't be too careful!!!