Diamond Candle

Have you all heard of this craptastic company?? It is hilarious .. They buy a bunch of rings off ebay for $ 5 and then put them in candles and have people believe they are going to get a $ 5000 ring. One of my sales reps ordered some in the beginning of this year to see what the fuss was about and let me tell you- THEY SUCK. Be proud of your candles. There is absolutely NO THROW what so ever. The candles look like they have gone through hell and back.

Anyways, I am part of a private group on fb that has tons of candle lovers.. One of the ladies ordered from them and she took pics of her jars and everything. Totally failure on diamond candle company..

Here is what they wrote back after a bunch of back and forth bickering. I'm trying to show you one sentence in particular-- See if you CAN FIND IT!!! ???

OK here is her first email to them

Original message

I bought my 2nd diamond candle, even after I had a horribly tunneling first one, things happen even with the best of companies, it still smelled ok... Well I just got my 2nd one and the top of the wax is awful, its all chunky and gross looking,. It looks like a cheap-o home-made junk candle. I'm really disappointed that a $25 candle looks like something a kid made and burns like a tunneling mess. You really need quality control on these. I won't be giving you guys a 3rd chance. In the photo, is the cotton candy tunneler on the left and the new, never burned Lemon-lavender that is a big chunkily poured mess is on the right.

For your reference this is Case #: 14726

Support powered by Assistly

here is their response

Hi Lisa,

I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your candle. We definitely want to do whatever we can to resolve this issue. We stand behind the quality of our products and if you weren't 100% happy than we aren't happy either.

Since you can still use those candles I would like to offer you two 50% off coupon codes to be used on two new candles. Would this be acceptable to you?

Please let me know by replying to this email.

Regards,

--

Jessica

Customer Support

www.diamondcandles.com

Here is her response back to the company

JUN 27, 2012 | 05:17PM EDT

No, it’s not acceptable. I wouldn’t purchase your candles ever again, they are junk. Half price on something I would never purchase again does me no good. I bought the Lemon Lavender as a gift, and It’s a gift I’d be embarrassed to give- so now I’m stuck with an ugly candle, and have to go purchase a new gift for that person.

Thanks, but no Thanks,

Lisa

AND HERE IT IS.. FIND THE HILARIOUS SENTENCE!!!

After reviewing your unprofessional comments towards my customer service agent, it seems as though you are uninterested in any further purchases at all with us - after she attempted to provide something to you and asked if it was acceptable. She would have been willing to go further by coming to me to advise. Before she even came to me I saw that you also posted on our Facebook page simultaneously to create strife among the community instead of waiting for our support team to fully resolve this once and for all. That is when I posted for you to contact me because I was willing to make concessions.

Upon coming into our customer support database, I looked at your records of emails and your interactions with my support agent.

I would have gladly gone to much further extensions to remedy this - as it is our reputation to do, but clearly based off your unprofessional emotional outburst, you are uninterested in anything more to do with us. I was willing to give you a full refund plus two more candles on me overnight - in addition to you keeping the two coupon codes we previously offered, but that is not the case anymore upon thoughtful consideration.

I am sorry you were unsatisfied and I wish you would have given us the chance to make it right.

And for the record, the reason why that Lavender Lemon candle looks like that is because half this country is in 100+ degree temperatures. Also for the record: 100% natural soy candles have a burn point of 100 degrees. Other candles like Yankee Candle which make theirs from poisonous parrafin wax have a higher melting point. I suppose we could compromise on our product by adding more chemical to our products to keep from that happening in the future. In the meantime, we send our customers replacements when they're unhappy.

With Regards,

Please take a second to rate my reply...

Fast, friendly, helpful, pleasant. Great job!

Fine, but definitely could have been better.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t happy with it at all.

Josh

VP Community

Diamond Candles

www.diamondcandles.com

This is a strange one! It seems to me to be marketed toward a contest type thing and can see how that could drive up sales. What does bother me is unless they truly have a valuable diamond ring inside on of the multi-thousand candles they are selling, they are stealing people's hard earned money...so far, getting away with it.

Jewelry has a tremendous retail markup, especially diamonds. A ring that retails for $5000 may only have a gold / diamond weight cost of $800. If they are purchasing their jewelry through a pawn shop contact or wholesale account they are not spending anywhere near 5k for the ring going into the candle. Average out the cost of the jewelry over 1000 units and I guarantee they are spending less than $5 per unit for it. Add another $2 (if that) for the cost of the actual candle and you can see how they are making a pretty hefty profit selling them at $25 a pop.

Edit: Assume that for a run of 1000 candles they have 1 $5000 ring, 2 $1000 rings, 5 at $100, and the rest $10. That's $8420 retail cost of jewelry which would be $4210 at wholesale cost (they probably pay about a third of retail for wholesale cost, but let's assume it is half). That's just $4.10 per candle.

Edited by GrinningGoblin

Jewelry has a tremendous retail markup, especially diamonds. A ring that retails for $5000 may only have a gold / diamond weight cost of $800. If they are purchasing their jewelry through a pawn shop contact or wholesale account they are not spending anywhere near 5k for the ring going into the candle. Average out the cost of the jewelry over 1000 units and I guarantee they are spending less than $5 per unit for it. Add another $2 (if that) for the cost of the actual candle and you can see how they are making a pretty hefty profit selling them at $25 a pop.

Edit: Assume that for a run of 1000 candles they have 1 $5000 ring, 2 $1000 rings, 5 at $100, and the rest $10. That's $8420 retail cost of jewelry which would be $4210 at wholesale cost (they probably pay about a third of retail for wholesale cost, but let's assume it is half). That's just $4.10 per candle.

Interesting! Jewelry isn't something I put much interest in so I had no idea it could be gotten that cheap. Have my wedding ring, a few necklaces, 1 set small diamond posts and a few finger rings...none of which I would consider fine jewelry or real expensive.

Bottom line is I feel better for the people buying those candles that there may be real diamond jewelry in them and people may not be getting ripped off.

This post just proves that this company is a rip off. First my co. is named Diamond Candles. I started this company in 2007. It really made me angry when this company

came on the scene in 2011. I am registered at the state & federal level. I wish they would of respected the name of my business by doing a search before they named their company, I did . My name was choosen for the sparkle and the natural component from the earth ( 100% soy) not a gimmick to buy my candles. I take great pride in my products and and like all of you it's my passion. But I am not giving up my name, I thought of it and it has meaning. Also, am constantly receiving e-mails from disatisfied customers that are not happy with them. I am forever forwarding these people to the correct contact. I've been angry since they opened but I will continue to produce the best products I can for my customers. Thanks for letting me vent!!

Edited by diamondcandles

This post just proves that this company is a rip off. First my co. is named Diamond Candles. I started this company in 2007. It really made me angry when this company

came on the scene in 2011. I am registered at the state & federal level. I wish they would of respected the name of my business by doing a search before they named their company, I did . My name was choosen for the sparkle and the natural component from the earth ( 100% soy) not a gimmick to buy my candles. I take great pride in my products and and like all of you it's my passion. But I am not giving up my name, I thought of it and it has meaning. Also, am constantly receiving e-mails from disatisfied customers that are not happy with them. I am forever forwarding these people to the correct contact. I've been angry since they opened but I will continue to produce the best products I can for my customers. Thanks for letting me vent!!

If your registered on the state and fed level can't you have them change their company name or somehow prove to the "powers that be" that you were first on the scene with that name?

Go to their web site and copy the address. Do a Google search on the address, some interesting info. Number one question, unless they are so big they have to have a seperate office - how many candle companies are you aware of that operate out of a suite????

I really don't like gimmick stuff and despise rip offs. What's strange about Hidden Treasure Candle is they have a lot of candles that look nice (imo) that might have sold good on their own. Their Unity Candle is very pretty.

Well, whether its smart marketing or not, I'd rather my candles sell themselves with no strings attached when I go live again this Fall.

Go to their web site and copy the address. Do a Google search on the address, some interesting info. Number one question, unless they are so big they have to have a seperate office - how many candle companies are you aware of that operate out of a suite????

That may be the "registered agent" office of that company. In Delaware due to our corporate tax laws many big businesses have an address in DE to claim the tax benefits. So, an address does not mean it's their physical address.