If I do not like how it smells making, I guess I will not like when melting. True?

My Cotton Candy did not smell super delicious in the bottle but now while making I do not care for it at all.

With the others they smelled great making and equally as good or better melting this one got worse when making.

This has the plastic/fake/cheap vanilla smell.

Before I toss the baby out with the bath water I thought that I should ask becasue it could perhaps not be true and you would know!

Thanks!

Don't toss it. Sell it on the classifieds. It may work fine in another application or with different wax.

I am only making it for myself. I just made a bit with my measly little one ounce bottle of FO so it is gone.

No harm in putting it away and seeing what I think later!

Edited by justajesuschick

It's weird, but I think some FO smell different in candles than they do in melts, and certainly different than OOB. It's like once it has a flame (which I can smell, it's different than just a normal melt pool, but a subtle difference) it changes slightly for me and my nose. But what everyone else is saying is right, sometimes they cure out to be something entirely different.

Lone Star. Their Fruit Slices and Peaches and Cream (the only others from my order that I tried) were OUTSTANDING!

Love Lone Stars Fruit Slices and Caramel Apple... Maybe you got a bad batch of oil (I got their Honeydew and it HAS to be an old oil.. you can BARELY smell it.. when I called, she said it was fresh.. BS.lol)

Love Lone Stars Fruit Slices and Caramel Apple... Maybe you got a bad batch of oil (I got their Honeydew and it HAS to be an old oil.. you can BARELY smell it.. when I called, she said it was fresh.. BS.lol)

If you can hardly smell it could be because it doesn't play nice with your wax, not because it's an old FO. I have some FO's that I've had for 10+ years and they still smell great. I don't know what wax you use, but if you are using soy wax it is a VERY picky wax in that many FO's will not throw well, even after a good cure. That's the main reason I now use a soy/paraffin blend wax. :cool2:

If you can hardly smell it could be because it doesn't play nice with your wax, not because it's an old FO. I have some FO's that I've had for 10+ years and they still smell great. I don't know what wax you use, but if you are using soy wax it is a VERY picky wax in that many FO's will not throw well, even after a good cure. That's the main reason I now use a soy/paraffin blend wax. :cool2:

It was VERY weak OOB, in B&B, and in Wax.

I used it in a custom blend of 4794/6006.

Had to be an old oil.. or the worst Honey Dew FO on the market ;-)