Air Fresheners - Imprinting

Holly

I thought about doing air fresheners for cars a long time ago but never got around to doing them. I am thinking of doing them again but really do not like the look of a blank card stock even if it is shaped. It looks like it is missing something. Do any of you do these with your logo imprinted on them, and if so, where can this be done? Thank you!

Edited by Holly

I've used it, it works pretty well. I print onto the paper (remember to mirror everything you print!), cut it out, have hubby iron it on (I have tried, I cannot master the art of ironing it onto the blanks, mine always stick spottily or don't stick at all, and look like crap, his always come out perfect, go figure). Once it's ironed on, I just soak the back with FO, hang to absorb/dry a bit, then package. Never had problems with the heat transfer paper peeling off once it's put on, or anything like that. They turn out very nice looking.

I've used it, it works pretty well. I print onto the paper (remember to mirror everything you print!), cut it out, have hubby iron it on (I have tried, I cannot master the art of ironing it onto the blanks, mine always stick spottily or don't stick at all, and look like crap, his always come out perfect, go figure). Once it's ironed on, I just soak the back with FO, hang to absorb/dry a bit, then package. Never had problems with the heat transfer paper peeling off once it's put on, or anything like that. They turn out very nice looking.

Thanks so much, Jenn! :) Once I am ready to start making them, I will give the paper a shot!

You can also emboss the paper stock. It looks really cool! That also gives it a texture vs. blank area. :)

I have never embossed before. How is that done? I will google it and see what I can find. Thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Holly

I took a look at Michaels and they carry the paper that transfers things and also have embossing items. We would have to get a stamp made with our logo if we want to emboss and then go from there. I am not 100% at this point on how it all works but they have some really pretty fine glittler for embossing. Not gaudy....really pretty. The thing I am not sure on yet is when the procedure would be done (before scenting or after). I would be worried that the fragrance oil would mess up ink or glitter. The girl told me there that it is waterproof, but that does not mean it is fragrance oil proof. I don't even have the freshener stock yet. I won't be doing it real soon, but when I do, I will definitely post it. I think I am going to order a 10 pack or so of the blanks and play around with it.

Edited by Holly