NGs Wow or Joy Wax

We use the zinc's in the Joy and have great results too... Depending on the FO used we do get those little wings here and there but nothing bad enough to go changing things =) Have been tossing around testing some of the CD's tho too. Good luck in your testing!

I've tried CCs TigerLily & Cantaloupe in different waxes. This is the 1st time I've gotten a good, strong HT. Joy wax in a tart burner is lasting more then 24 hours. I'm kicking myself for not trying her waxes when I 1st started, since she's so close.:cry2:

Don't feel too bad, at least it looks like you may have found a wax you like and can work with.:smiley2:

I too have had great success with zinc wicks and the Joywax. Not crazy about WOW; Joy has better throw, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

bumping this thread- how has your testing gone with Joy wax? Have you ever used the Pillar of Bliss wax? (I know, someone stop me, but I can't help researching other waxes- looking for a blend for tarts!). I used Joy wax in containers before- I did like the throw, and noticed that it burned slowly, the candle lasted longer than other candles)-

I tried Joy wax early on, it was the smell of the wax that threw me off. I would make a candle with a floral scent and when I smelled the candle, or it was burning I would smell, flowers, and donuts.

I did a year as a midnight donut fryer and so I stood over the donut vat a LOT. And when I filled the vat with fresh shortening, it had a distinctive smell. As soon as I opened my first slab of joy wax, well, it smelled exactly like the donut shortening! No matter what fragrance I used, I still could smell donuts. The best candle I made was joy wax and Mrs Claus' Cookies. That paired quite well.

I quickly switched to 6006 and am happy with that one. No donuts! :grin2: