Problems With Eclamshell Molds

glowworm

Did you get them from Eclamshells? I have trouble with theirs sticking like that. Also they are a little thinner and can crack. I know many have great luck with them; but I prefer Impact Mfg. 's clamshells. It took too much time getting the eclamshells apart when 5 had to make 100+ melts.

Yes, the ones I'm referring to are from eclamshell. I am just soooo disappointed in them, I think only 1 in 5 close (or should I say open) correctly. I called them about this and they were nice but said that they have never had any problems before. They told me to send them a couple of samples of the bad ones and then count how many are like that in the box and they would replace them. Sounds good, but that is going to take quite a long time to go through 800 plus clamshells because they are packed so tightly together. I actually cut my finger trying to seperate some of them.

I was really hoping to hear that this was just a fluke seeing there has been so many great reviews on them:( I checked into impact before ordering from here and the only reason I went with eclamshell is because of the 2 case minimum that impact has. Are there any other places that sell these for around the same price but with better quality? This was my first time ordering in bulk....almost half the price but not sure if the hit I am taking on quality is worth it.

Glowworm you can always pair up with some one to split an order from Impact. I order 2 case atleast 2 times a year from them. So you can check with me and most likely a few others when you are ready to order to see if we are close to ordering too. I just won't do the co-op route any more to much of a hassle to count clamshells and ship them all.

Glowworm you can always pair up with some one to split an order from Impact. I order 2 case atleast 2 times a year from them. So you can check with me and most likely a few others when you are ready to order to see if we are close to ordering too. I just won't do the co-op route any more to much of a hassle to count clamshells and ship them all.

Thank you! I will most definately check into that before ordering next time:)